Chapter 52

The ruthless kings ordered their guards to place Elena's unconscious body in a secure cell within their castle's dungeons. They were taking no chances this time, ensuring that she was bound and restrained from head to toe, leaving her virtually immobile. Chains clanked as the guards followed their orders diligently, making it impossible for Elena to escape or resist. Once the task was completed, the kings left the dungeon, instructing their guards to notify them the moment Elena woke up. They were determined to keep a close watch on her this time, not allowing any opportunity for her to slip away again.
As they ascended from the dungeons, the kings shared a dark and triumphant look. It seemed they finally had Elena back in their grasp, and they were prepared to do whatever it took to ensure she would never escape from them again.
Elena's awakening in the familiar, dreadful cell sent shivers of fear down her spine. Her keen eyes quickly assessed her situation, realizing that her ruthless captors had taken every measure to ensure her captivity. Chains secured her neck, wrists, and ankles, making her movements nearly impossible.
As she struggled to rise, attempting to reach the cell bars, the realization sank in—she was their prisoner once more, and this time, they had left no room for escape. Elena slumped back against the cold, damp floor, her hands unconsciously cradling her stomach. Her thoughts were filled with concern for the life growing within her, praying silently that her captors wouldn't discover her secret.
Elena knew that her situation had become even more perilous, and her determination to protect both herself and her unborn child intensified. She needed to devise a plan, a way to escape their clutches once again.
Elena huddled in the corner of her cell, her heart pounding as the unmistakable scent of the ruthless kings approached. She refused to meet their gaze, her fear and anger mingling within her. She knew that confronting them directly would only lead to more pain and heartache.
As the kings entered her cell, Elena's body tensed, and she remained silent, her eyes focused on the stone floor. She had endured enough at their hands and was determined to protect herself and her unborn child. Her thoughts raced as she considered her next move, knowing that her every action would need to be calculated to outwit these kings who had relentlessly pursued her.
She waited for their words, bracing herself for whatever they might have in store for her this time.
The two kings, Dreagan and Alaric, exchanged wicked grins as they looked down at Elena, their eyes filled with malice and cruelty. Dreagan sneered, his voice dripping with disdain, "Oh, little mate, you've always had such a stubborn streak. But rest assured, we've learned from our mistakes. This time, you won't escape us."
Alaric chimed in with a chilling laugh, "You should be grateful, Elena. We've decided that this time, your punishment will be far more severe. Perhaps you'll finally learn your place." Their menacing words hung in the air, and Elena could feel the weight of her predicament pressing down on her. She knew she was in for a terrible ordeal, but she was determined to endure it for the sake of her child and her own survival.
Dreagan and Alaric, their faces twisted in malevolent satisfaction, unlocked the cell door with a chilling creak. Slowly, they stepped inside, their presence looming over Elena like a dark cloud.
Dreagan reached out and grabbed her chin roughly, forcing her to meet his cold, predatory gaze. "You see, Elena," he hissed, "we've been waiting for this moment.

Alaric circled around behind her, tracing a finger down her spine, sending shivers of fear through her. "And now that you're here," he whispered in her ear, "you're going to wish you never left."
Their cruel intentions hung heavy in the air as they closed in on Elena, and she braced herself for the torment Dreagan's strong hands closed around Elena's throat, squeezing the life out of her as he lifted her off the ground. Her gasps for breath were choked, and panic filled her eyes as she clawed at his grip, struggling to free herself from his deadly grasp. Alaric watched with a twisted smile, reveling in her agony, as Dreagan tightened his hold, his fingers like a vice around her throat.
He brought his face close to hers, his cold breath sending shivers down her spine, and his words dripped with malice, "Little mate, we're going to break you so thoroughly that you won't even think of running away from your mates again."
Elena, however, summoned every ounce of defiance left in her. With a burst of strength, she spat defiantly into Dreagan's face, her voice filled with venom, "Screw you! You two aren't my mates; you're heartless monsters!"
Dreagan's grip faltered for a moment as Elena's words pierced through his anger. Disgusted, he released her, dropping her to the stone floor. He wiped her spit from his face with a snarl. Alaric, his eyes gleaming with cruelty, moved closer to Elena.
"Heartless?" Alaric whispered, leaning in so she could hear the malice in his voice. "You've seen nothing yet."
With that chilling promise, the two ruthless kings turned away from her, leaving Elena battered but unbroken, a flicker of defiance still burning within her. The kings, leaving the dungeon behind, gave strict orders to their guards: "Do not give her any food or water." They were determined to break her spirit, to make her suffer for daring to defy them. In the cold, dark cell, Elena was left to grapple with her hunger and thirst, knowing that her ruthless mates were willing to push her to the brink.