Chapter 41

As the meal continued akee kept an eye on her then he asked her a strange question how are you feeling without any thoughts on her words she spoke the absolute truth as she told him she felt suffocated by his ever-watchful eyes when she realized what she said she was shocked and covered her mouth and apologize king akee smile and said don't worry but inside Elena was worried she didn't want to say that. she was going to lie and say she's fine but it left her mouth before she could think of words to say king akee slowly got up from the table and said I think you're realizing it now Elena looked into king akee eyes as he walked towards her you cannot lie your wine was laced with truth serum my people made now tell me Elena who are you really Elena had walked right into King Akee's intricate trap, and now she found herself ensnared by the truth serum laced within her wine. Panic surged within her as she realized the consequences of her unguarded words.
Her heart raced, and she looked at King Akee, who wore an inscrutable expression. Desperation clawed at her mind as she sought to devise a believable lie, but the serum's effects were unyielding.
"I...," Elena began, her voice trembling with uncertainty, "I am Elena Hart."
The name hung in the air, laden with the undeniable truth she had inadvertently revealed. It felt like an eternity as she sat there, awaiting King Akee's response.
His gaze bore into her, unwavering. A tense silence settled between them. Then, unexpectedly, he broke into a soft, contemplative smile. "Elena Hart," he repeated as if savoring the sound of the name.
Elena's confusion deepened. She had expected anger, punishment, or perhaps even betrayal. Instead, the king's reaction was baffling.
"Your honesty is refreshing," King Akee remarked, his tone thoughtful. "It seems you've been living a life filled with secrets."
Elena nodded, cautiously unable to choose her words. "Yes, Your Highness, I... I had my reasons."
Akee took a seat in a chair closer to Elena, his golden eyes never leaving her. "Reasons, you say. Secrets often have their roots in necessity, Elena."
Elena felt a mixture of relief and curiosity. This wasn't the reaction she had anticipated. "You... you're not angry?"
The king's smile deepened. "Angry? No, my dear. I'm intrigued."
Elena couldn't help but wonder why King Akee wasn't more concerned about her true identity. She had lied to him, infiltrated his kingdom I'll bite unintentionally, and now revealed herself willingly, under the influence of truth serum.
"May I ask why, Your Highness?" Elena ventured.
King Akee's eyes gleamed with amusement. "Curiosity, Elena. Curiosity about who you are, where you come from, and what led you into my territory."
Elena hesitated but decided to share a fraction of her truth as best as she could. "I... I come from a distant kingdom, one ruled by ruthless kings. I escaped their grasp, seeking refuge wherever I could."
Akee nodded, his interest piqued. "A kingdom ruled by ruthless kings, you say? And you sought refuge here, in Erindor?"
Elena nodded. "No, Your Highness. I accidentally trespassed in your territory where your patrol guards found me and brought me to you"
King Akee's gaze softened, and he leaned forward, placing his chin on his steepled fingers. "If that is true then that means you lived in the forest since your escape But our kingdom also has its share of challenges and secrets Elena."
Elena furrowed her brow, intrigued by the cryptic remark. "Secrets, Your Highness?"

The king's smile was enigmatic. "Every kingdom has its secrets, Elena. Some are known only to a few."
As Elena tried to process the unexpected turn of events, she couldn't shake the feeling that King Akee held more secrets than he was revealing. Nevertheless, she found herself drawn to his aura of curiosity and intrigue, which was far different from the ruthlessness she had encountered before.
Their conversation continued, a dance of words and revelations, as Elena cautiously shared more of her past while King Akee, in turn, hinted at the complexities of his kingdom. At that moment, their lives became intertwined, Elena took a moment to gather her thoughts, choosing her words carefully. She realized that she was treading on sensitive ground, sharing information about the kings she had fled from, even under the influence of truth serum. "Well, Your Highness," Elena began, her voice steady, "the kings I escaped from... they ruled with an iron fist. They saw omegas as mere possessions, to be used and discarded at their whim. Life in their kingdom was a constant struggle for survival, especially for omegas." King Akee listened intently, his gaze never wavering. "It sounds like a harsh and unforgiving place."
Elena nodded, her memories of that kingdom still haunting her. "It was Your Highness. Punishments were brutal, and disobedience was met with severe consequences. They believed in dominance above all else, and omegas like me were considered nothing more than pawns in their power games."
Akee's expression remained thoughtful. "And what led you to escape, Elena?
Elena hesitated, her heart heavy with the memories of that fateful day. "I... I witnessed the suffering of omegas firsthand, the cruelty inflicted upon them. I couldn't bear it any longer. So, I took a chance and fled
The king leaned forward, his gaze piercing. "You sought freedom!
Akee nodded, his expression sympathetic. "You have found a sanctuary, Elena, and I assure you that we do treat omegas with more dignity than many other places rest assured you can stay here as long as you need Elena was shocked at King Akee words.