Chapter 45

The day of Dreagan and Alaric's arrival finally came. Elena could sense their presence as their kingdom's scouts moved through the territory. She knew it was only a matter of time before they reached the castle. She had to be prepared to make her move before they got too close.
King Akee had been monitoring the situation closely, and Elena had kept him informed about her intentions. He understood her need to escape from the ruthless kings and had promised not to stand in her way when the time came but he also mentioned laying low below his castle he knew she was hiding her scent to be undetected
As the kings drew nearer, Elena made her move. She slipped out of her room in the dead of night, her lycan senses guiding her through the dark corridors of the castle. The guards were preoccupied with the incoming visitors, and Elena took advantage of the chaos to make her escape below the castle
As Elena moved through the dark, narrow tunnels, her lycan senses allowed her to navigate with ease. She knew that the kings would be searching for her in the castle and the surrounding area, but they would never suspect that she had ventured beneath the very ground they walked on.
The passages led to various parts of the castle, allowing Elena to stay one step ahead of her pursuers. She could hear the commotion above as the kings questioned King Akee and searched for any trace of her presence. But Elena remained hidden, like a ghost in the shadows.
Time passed slowly in the underground passages, and Elena grew accustomed to the solitude. She had brought with her some supplies, but she knew she couldn't stay hidden forever. Eventually, she would need to resurface.
as Elena cautiously approached an exit that would lead her outside the castle walls, she heard voices approaching. She quickly retreated into the darkness, her heart pounding. It was Dreagan and Alaric, their voices filled with frustration.
"She must have gotten word that we were here," Dreagan growled. "But where could she have gone? We've searched every inch of this place."
Alaric's response was equally exasperated. "We'll question King Akee again. There's no way she could have slipped through our grasp."
Elena knew she couldn't risk encountering them now. She retreated deeper into the tunnels She needed to bide her time and wait for the kings to give up their search.
Elena's ears perked up as she listened to the scouts' conversation. They were questioning the kings' relentless pursuit of her, wondering aloud if one omega was truly worth neglecting their kingdom's duties.
One of the scouts, a lycan with a gruff voice, chimed in, "It's been years, and they haven't found her. Maybe it's time they focus on ruling the kingdom instead of chasing after this one runaway omega."
His companion, a younger lycan, nodded in agreement. "I've heard the kingdom's suffering. Our resources are stretched thin because the kings are so fixated on finding her. It doesn't make sense."
Elena's heart swelled with a mixture of emotions. On one hand, she felt a sense of vindication that the kings' relentless pursuit of her was causing turmoil in their kingdom. On the other hand, she couldn't help but wonder why they were so determined to capture her when she had done nothing but run for her freedom.
She continued to eavesdrop on their conversation, hoping to gather more information about the kings' plans and intentions. It was clear that the scouts were growing weary of the

ongoing search, and Elena knew that if she played her cards right, their frustration could work to her advantage.
Elena found herself face to face with King Akee in the dimly lit underbelly of the castle. Her heart raced as he pulled her into a dark corner, and she could see the urgency in his eyes. Akee wasted no time and began to speak in hushed tones. "Elena, the kings Dreagan and Alaric have reached out to me. They are determined to find you Akee continued, "Elena, I believe there's more to your story than what they've told me. They spoke of you in cryptic terms, as if there's something they're not revealing. You're not just an ordinary omega, are you?"
Elena hesitated for a moment. She had concealed her true identity and her lycan nature for so long, but now she was faced with a king who seemed genuinely concerned for her well-being. "No, King Akee," she admitted quietly, "I'm not just an omega. I'm a lycan." Akee's eyes widened in surprise, but there was no judgment in his gaze. "I suspected as much," he said softly. "It's clear that there's more to this situation than meets the eye. Elena, I want to help you, but you must trust me. I won't reveal your secret, and I'll do what I can to protect you from Dreagan and Alaric. But in return, I need to know the truth. Why are they so desperate to find you, and what are they hiding?"
Elena took a deep breath, realizing that she couldn't keep the truth hidden any longer. She needed allies, and King Akee seemed like someone she could trust. "They are my mates," she confessed, her voice trembling with the weight of her revelation. "But they treated me as a prisoner, and I fled their kingdom in search of freedom and a way to help the omegas of their kingdom. Akee nodded, his expression filled with empathy. "I see. It's clear that there are unresolved issues between you and them. I'll do my best to help you navigate this, Elena. But for now, stay hidden. If they continue to search for you in Erindor, I'll find a way to divert their attention. You deserve a chance to determine your own fate."
Elena felt a glimmer of hope as she realized that she had found an unexpected ally in King Akee.
King Akee returned to his throne room, his thoughts heavy with the knowledge of Elena's situation and the secrets that Dreagan and Alaric were keeping. He hoped that he could persuade the two kings to abandon their relentless search and focus on their own kingdom's well-being.
As he entered the grand chamber, he found Dreagan and Alaric waiting impatiently, their expressions a mix of frustration and determination. They wasted no time in questioning him about Elena.
"Dreagan, Alaric," Akee began, his tone measured, "I've allowed your scouts to search our territory once again, but I must stress that I couldn't find anyone matching the description of the omega you seek."
Dreagan's eyes narrowed suspiciously, and he leaned forward, his voice laced with impatience. "Akee, we know she was here. Her scent lingered in your territory. Don't lie to us."
Akee held his ground, his resolve unwavering. "I've been honest with you. I've allowed your search, and my scouts have combed the area thoroughly. If she was here, she's gone now. I suggest you focus on your own kingdom's stability. Neglecting your duties for a single omega, no matter her significance, is unwise."
Alaric's jaw clenched, and his gaze bore into Akee. "She's not just any omega, Akee. She's our mate. We cannot rest until we find her and bring her back to us."
Akee sighed, knowing that his words might fall on deaf ears. "I understand the bond you share, but sometimes pursuing something too relentlessly can lead to unintended

consequences. Consider the state of your kingdom and your subjects. It's time to weigh your priorities."
Dreagan and Alaric exchanged a tense glance, clearly torn between their determination to find Elena and their responsibilities as rulers. Akee could see the internal struggle within them, and he hoped that his words would eventually resonate.
Finally, Dreagan spoke, his voice less forceful than before. "Very well, Akee. We'll heed your advice for now. But know this, if we receive any information about Elena's whereabouts, we won't hesitate to pursue her. Our bond compels us to find her."
Akee nodded, acknowledging their decision. "I understand, and I will do my best to help you if any new information arises. But remember, there are other matters that require your attention. I hope you find a balance that allows your kingdom to thrive."