Chapter 1

~~Welcome to the first chapter. I hope you enjoy and appreciate all feedback :)

Quinn nervously checked her makeup in her bathroom mirror, satisfied that she was able to cover the dark circles under her eyes completely. Being a makeup artist definitely paid off most days. She quickly shoved her products back into her makeup pouch and tossed it back in the box full of her other bathroom supplies. She turned and made her way back into her bedroom and let out a sigh as she took in the sight.

Boxes of her belongings littered the floor. Thankfully she hired a moving company, so everything was waiting for her when she arrived from her flight last night, but she had no energy to even try to start unpacking or to make a proper nest for that matter. Thankfully she had a few blankets and plushies that smelled of her pack back home in her carryon luggage to make do for the night. She forced herself to walk out of the room before her omega instincts kicked in.

She paused at her large full-length mirror in the living room to get a full look at her appearance. Her thick dark curly hair framed her face nicely, making her bluish grey eyes pop, and fell just above her shoulder blades. She carefully adjusted her silver hoop nose ring before smoothing out her clothing. She was wearing a soft cream, slightly over sized sweater with the front slightly tucked into her black cargo pants that hugged her curvy hips and accentuated her figure. She brought her hand up and let her fingers gently play with the delicate silver crescent moon necklace that hung just under her collar bone.

It matches the small ring on her pointer finger, and she instantly felt a small tinge of sadness in her chest as she thought back to her family pack back in America. The crescent moon was a sacred symbol to many as it represented the moon goddess. She had received the necklace from her mother and the ring from her father the day she presented. She made a mental note to call them as soon as she got home this evening as she pulled herself from the mirror and quickly slipped on her shoes before grabbing her purse and travel makeup kit before walking out the door, locking it behind her.

She quietly cursed herself and started rummaging through her bag quickly searching for her pheromone blocking oil as she walked to the elevator. She normally never left the house before applying it, but it totally slipped her mind this morning. Her fingers locked on the familiar bottle, and she quickly pulled it out, rolling a generous amount over the scent glands on either side of her neck and the insides of her wrists. She let out a relieved sigh as she hit the down button on the elevator and dropped the vile back into her purse.

Thankfully there was no one else in the hall or the elevator as she stepped inside, hitting the button for the ground floor. Omegas were a lot more protected nowadays, but Quinn liked to be on the safe side when going out in public by herself and meeting people for the first time, especially Alphas. It's not that she wasn't proud of who she was, but she'd had a traumatic experience shortly after she had presented so she was very careful about keeping her scent masked.

Because of that she hadn't taken many partners in her life, and the few that she did take were either other omegas or betas. Her trust issues made it hard for her to get close to people in general. She only really had one close friend back home outside of her pack and she liked to keep it that way.

Not to say that she wasn't friendly, she enjoyed other people and especially taking care of them as that was in her omega nature. She was just very selective on who she let get close to her. That's a lot of the reason she chose the field that she is in. Being a hair and makeup artist allowed to her be around others at a safe distance and she thoroughly enjoyed making others feel good about themselves.

As the elevator door opened, she quickly walked out and made her way through the lobby and out the front door. There was a black car parked out front, with a tall friendly looking man standing by the passenger side door. He bowed slightly as she approached, and she returned the gesture. That was definitely something she would have to get used to.