Chapter 9

I sat down on the train, sighing. I barely managed to get on the right one- especially after having to change out of my apron into a black jacket and jeans, fixing my hairstyle, and changing my makeup to go incognito. If I had missed this one, The Rose guy would have been so pissed-

Although I'm sure that would have been funny to watch.

But if The Leader of The Rose wanted me, it must be a big deal.

I checked my stuff one last time. Got my phone, my wallet, my BB and real gun, a few knives, my pouch with some poisons and tranquilizers, in it, as well as a few medicines, and most of all, my gum.

I can't live without it.

I looked out of the window. The sky was as blue as it could get. People went about their business- people talking, eating, laughing, and children playing on the cobblestone street. 

2 years ago, this scene didn't exist- there was nothing but shattered glass, dead bodies, and burnt buildings, if any were standing. The street was filled with the starving and the sick, and homeless children, who were all rounded up by the mafia, and shot all together- all covered up by the bloody red sky.

If only I hadn't been so selfish and scared back then...

***

The train eventually came to a stop by the Central Palace. I hopped off and took in its glory and size. 

It's beautiful, people would say. And it was.

There were marble statues of roses at the bottom of the wide stairs, and 2 doors about the size of 2 story buildings. At the top, Rose vines covered the entire walls of the palace- they blossomed in yellow, white, red, and purple- and the roof was shining in gold. There was a fountain of JYP on 1 tiptoe with his arm outstretched, a jet of graceful water coming out of his mouth, and landing in the statue of another rose that was placed in the pool.

But me?

I noticed the 4 cameras by the door, and 4 cameras on the top of the roof, as well as a camera for every 2 windows. I quickly did the math.

26 windows... that's 60 cameras. In the front only. Assuming it was the same for the back– that's 120, plus the sides. And the palace isn't shaped like a fried tofu.

Not to mention the 2 guards by the door with spears.

I quietly cursed under my breath as I walked up the steps toward the guards.

I'm not planning to kill anyone in here- yet, but if I had to escape for whatever reason? The cameras would give them a good start in which I went.

"Hi, I'm here for Mr. Park?" I said to the guard on the right.

He was probably in his late teens. He wasn't thin, but he looked awkward with the heavy spear. Bet he's never used it in his life.

I also bet I can take him down with blindfolds on.

"Your name?" He grunted.

"Cynthia. Mr. Park sent me."

He stared at me, then looked over at the other guard, who nodded.

He knocked on the door.

Knock, knock knock knock knock, knock knock knock.

The door opened with a vibrating creak, and on the other side of the door, was a man.

His hair was combed and fixed with gel, with a few strands falling to his forehead.