Chapter 11

[Keeho's POV]

As we rode down the elevator, I truly felt her sink deep in thought. Not figuratively; like literary sink into the depths of her mind. It's awkward- especially after what I did to her on the way up- the hell was I thinking?- but she doesn't seem to notice. Or care.

"...Are you okay?" I asked awkwardly. Shit, I didn't even know her name. Should have asked Ms. Yang.

She looked up at me, confused. "Yeah. Why?"

"Oh um..." Maybe cause we just saw a pair of dead old people fucking each other? Or because you didn't react to them?

Or maybe it's cause we're in a Hellevator?

"Cause... you seem deep in thought." I forced a smile.

She looked at me as if I was hiding something. I could have sworn she inched a bit away from me.

Was my smile that awkward?

"I've just been thinking about the killer, I guess." She said, looking at the carpet of the elevator.

I nodded. I felt too sick to think about anything in that room, but she just acted like everything was normal. As if she was looking at some absurd piece of artwork at a museum, asking me a few questions, and then just thinking about the artist.

"Floor. One."

I thought she would just be a normal girl, but she is an assassin, after all- she shouldn't be taken that lightly.

Is she really this heartless?

The door to the elevator opened.

I checked my watch. 1:30 pm. We walked out to the left, towards the dining room.

"Where is he?" She asked, catching up to walk next to me. She threw off her mask and gloves into the trash can.

"Who, JY Park?"

"Yeah." She broke our eye contact.

"He's probably eating lunch by now. It's fine." I added the last part, in case she was nervous. But of course, she wasn't. There was no need for her to be.

She nodded.

We turned around the corner to one of the rooms. The rows of chandeliers shimmered above us as we walked under them, and the sunlight lit up the long table lined up with white vases, candles, plates, and napkins.

She was looking around as if awed by the whiteness of the room. I smiled. 

Maybe she was- even if just a tiny bit- innocent.

JYP sat at the birthday seat, biting into the Felix wing- eXuse mE- the buffalo wing, or whatever it's called. He immediately put them down when he saw us walking towards him.

"Hey, over here!" He said with a mouthful of Yon-er, buffalo.

I pulled out a chair to the right of JYP for her to sit in. She took her seat.

I walked over to sit down across from her when JYP objected. "No, go sit over there, with her," He said.

"Why- sir?" I managed to respectfully ask.

"Cause you two look cute together, okay? Just sit."'As I walked behind JYP, I rolled my eyes- earning her she smile. I sat.

"Mr. Park, this is-"

"I know, I know, your girlfriend," JYP interjected. He turned to her and said, "OMG??? You are SO pretty!"

"No, sir, I-"