Chapter 17

As the JYP's servants got the dinner table ready, I sat down with Mrs. Dockus, along with Keeho beside me, in the JYP library. You might think that the walls are covered with undusted books, with clumps of spiderwebs in the corners as it catched more dust... but no, they were covered in endless shelves of albums all released by his favorite groups; ranging from 2PM, Wonder Girls, G-FRIENDS, TWICE, BTOB, GOT7, DAY6, STRAY KIDS, ITZY, NMIXX, VCHA, NEXZ, New Jeans, and many more that I can't even list. It was an impressive collection, to say the least.

Mrs. Dockus sat across from us, facing away from the door that was kept slightly ajar. I opened the notepad I had borrowed from JYP.

"So Mrs. Dockus, I just have some questions for you, and then we can enjoy the amazing dinner Mr. JYP has for us."

She nodded. "All right."

"First, I'm very sorry for your loss... Mr. Dockus sounded like a great gentleman, from what Mr. Bang and Mr. Peter had told me; how long have you two been married?"

"For about 66 years." She said, sniffing. She took out a thin handkerchief as she dabbed her eyes.

"Wow," Keeho said next to me. "That's a very long time."

"So you married when you were 20?" I asked.

She nodded. "Correct."

"Are there any special days coming up?"

"Our... our wedding anniversary is on Christmas."

"Oh, it was just a few days away... I'm sorry," Keeho lowered his head.

"Thank you... we were going to go somewhere together."

"Where to?" I asked.

"I'm not sure... he never told me exactly. He did tell me it was a place I would like."

"Is he usually secretive like that?"

"Well, sometimes he's not allowed to talk about work– it's confidential."

"Of course," I said, looking at Keeho. "Keeho, would you mind stepping out for the rest of the interview?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

As soon as he stepped out of the library, Christopher walked in, not a single footstep making a sound. He stopped behind Mrs. Dockus.

I looked back at her.

"All right. Remember, you need to tell me everything you know so we can find your husband's killer, okay?"

She nodded, her voice slightly cracking. "Okay..."

"How do you determine whether his secrets are work-related or not?"

"Well, he usually just tells me."

Christopher gave me a nod.

"Does he regularly meet people– whether for job or unrelated?"

"Yes. He meets many people for work."

Nod.

"Have you met anyone from work?"

"Not really. I've met The Leader of the West and his assistant, but no one else really..."

"Do you know where he meets these people?"

"Usually at the West Palace."

Nod.

"Does he go outside of the West Palace at all?"

"No."

Christopher shook his head. Lie.

I got that too.

"So you're saying that he meets all these people at the Palace, and the palace only?"

"Yes."

Another lie. Hmm.

"So how does he meet representatives from other Kingdoms, who can't come to the palace?"

"I'm not sure– but he usually told me that he was at The West Palace."

Shake, then nod.

"So what did he tell you when he said he was coming here?"

"He said it was work-related."

"And you didn't question?" I said.

"What?"

"You really believed him?"

"Young lady, I've been married to him for 66 years–"

I leaned forward. "But did you believe him when he told you that he was coming here for work?"

"Of course I did."

He shook his head. Lie.

"Okay... last question," I told her, pretending to jot down some notes.

I looked into her eyes.

"Yes?" She was figeting with her handkerchief.

"Does he ever meet other people unrelated to work?"

"Yes."

"Like who?"

"Like his old friends back when they were kids."

"What are their names?"

"Mr. Dou and Mr. Thompson."

"Okay..." I pretended like I was writing. "Anyone else? Unrelated to work?"

"No."

I cleared my throat as I flipped my long hair. Christopher quietly left.

"Okay, thank you for your time," I said, standing up. I gave her a hand to hold onto as she stood up as well. I smiled down at the little lady in front of me. "I promise I'll find the killer who did this, and I'll make them pay."

***************************************************************

Sorry for the short chapter :(

I promise the next one will be longer

Hihi!!! Thank you so much for reading my story!

How are you?

Please vote and comment :)

See you next time!