chapter one

Princess Myrabella

I watched as Dusk slowly set upon the land, I watched as my father rode in on his horse while his guards followed close behind him after being away for a few days. I headed down to the throne room and seen someone on their knees while two of his guards held his arms, I listened to my father tell the two guys that were holding him to the floor to take him to the dungeon and keep him there.

I couldn't help but feel some pity for the strange man but I didn't want my father thinking I had plans to help him escape.

King William: someone go let my daughter know that I am back.

Guard: yes your majesty...

I quickly rushed back to my room but ran into Samson as I turned the corner.

Myrabella: my apologies Samson, I wasn't watching where I was going.

Samson: that's quite alright your highness, just be careful next time.

I opened the door to my room and sat down on the bed while I thought about the guy who my father had locked in the dungeon, there was something about him that I needed to figure out and I know my father would never approve of me getting close to a stranger especially one who was a threat to the kingdom of Alvarado.

I had been lost in thought that I didn't hear my father's guards open the door until I felt something brush against my shoulder.

Titus: I hate to intrude your highness but your father wishes to see you in the throne room.

Myrabella: of course...

I walked back to the throne room with the guard and seen my father speaking with several of his warriors when I stepped into the room as his guard let him know that I was here.

King William: excuse me for a few minutes while I speak with my daughter.

Soldier: yes your majesty.

I watched as they left us alone so we could talk in private.

Myrabella: you wanted to see me?

King William: yes, I had a traitor brought into the kingdom and I was hoping you could get him acquainted with the kingdom. I know that I don't allow you to be around certain people who are a threat to the land or this kingdom but I was hoping that you could help me with him, he is holding information that could help us win this ongoing war and I want to put an end to it before it starts.

Myrabella: I don't know how I can help but I will try.

King William: you can go down to the dungeon if you wish and talk with him, I will let the guards down there know that you are there to talk with him.

Myrabella: of course father.

King William: I do want you to report back to me with any valuable information he shares with you.

Myrabella: and what if he doesn't trust me?

King William: I'm not asking for you to gain his trust, I just expect him to tell you how to stop this war before it begins. Go ahead and head down to the dungeon daughter.

Myrabella: yes father...

I walked down to the dungeon with a bucket of water and I heard yelling as I got closer to the entrance of the dungeon, I wasn't expecting them to torture him and they stopped as soon as they seen me standing next to the door.