chapter four

Princess Myrabella

The boat ride back to my kingdom was a long one but I made the most of it and found myself getting closer to him, I could tell that he was denying what he was feeling whenever I would get close to him and it made me realize that I felt the same way he did.

I was standing in the river while cleaning myself when I noticed that he was watching me and I was about to get out when I heard a loud roar from the mountain above us. I watched as Noell drew his sword after helping me out of the water, he handed me an outfit that he bought while we were in the last city and even though it wasn't what I usually wore, I still put it on then quickly handed me a sword before the creature who roared found us.

I seen a giant winged creature that looked like a lion drinking from the river I was just in. I watched as it looked over at us after I moved back and made a rock move which caused it to slide down the wet spots then made a echoing thud after hitting another rock.

Noell: get beside me princess.

I did as he instructed and moved closer to him as the creature came closer to us.

Leonidas: humans, why have you come here?

Noell: that's not your concern beast!

Leonidas: I may be a mere beast in your eyes but you and I aren't so different Noell.

Noell: how do you know me?

Leonidas: you forgot your own brother?

Noell: Leonidas?

Leonidas: so you do remember, what's with the girl?

Noell: she's my... this is Myrabella...

Leonidas: the missing princess of Alvarado? Noell her people are out searching for her and they have a bounty for whoever can bring the head of the dragon who captured her to the king. I was hoping you had nothing to do with her disappearance...

Noell: I did it to save her life, she was ill so I took her home so she could be healed from it.

Leonidas: her people want you dead Noell, do you not understand the risk you put yourself in for saving her? She's not worth you being killed, you should have let her die from whatever illness she had.

Myrabella: he's right Noell, I don't want to see killed for saving me. It wasn't worth the risk you put yourself in.

Noell: I refuse to let you die Myrabella, you're important to me...

Leonidas: I see why you did it, you shouldn't deny your feelings for her brother.

Myrabella: you're important to me also Noell but I don't know if I can get you out of this situation.

Noell: don't worry about me Myrabella, my fate is already sealed and I will accept the consequences.

Myrabella: is it not enough? I don't want to see you killed Noell I...

Noell: it's going to be okay Myrabella, I will always be with you even in death...

We finally arrived back to my kingdom and he shifted before he carried me to my room and I watched as the guards come up and placed him in chains then took him to the dungeon until my father ordered him to be killed.