chapter ten

Noell

The day come for us to return to Alvarado, I kept a close eye on her but in the midst of making our long walk back to her kingdom when we were unexpectedly separated from the rest of her people as a new threat forced me to take her someplace safe as the screams could be heard from where we hid along with multiple roars from the creatures that attacked them.

Noell: let's get out of here before it attacks us next.

Myrabella: what's going to happen to my people?

Noell: I don't know Myrabella but I can't protect them and you, we will head to my home where it's safe.

I watched as she walked ahead of me as we made the long walk to my home, I noticed that she was getting tired and I seen old ruins of an old castle. I knew it wasn't much but she could still rest for awhile.

I made a small fire for her while I hunted for food so we could eat when I heard growling nearby, I looked around for the source of the growling when I seen a winged wolf in the trees watching me...

Midnight: you shouldn't be here elf.

Noell: I'm not here to fight you wolf, I need food for my pregnant---

Midnight: you shouldn't leave her alone out here, these woods are dangerous, anything could happen...

I heard her scream and I ran to where she was when I seen several small creatures hiding behind her along with a giant cat like creature that was about to attack her. I grabbed my sword and swung at it then seen the same wolf attack the creature. I checked on her and she told me that she was okay, I quickly put out the fire and we left while the two were fighting. I noticed that the four small creatures clung to her like a child would to their mother.

Myrabella: that would have ended bad if it wasn't for the wolf.

Noell: yeah, let's get you and your new friends out of here before that creature returns.

We found a small city to rest at and I got us a room at the inn so she could rest along with the four small creatures that clung to her. I kept a close eye out while she slept peacefully in the bed until the morning come.

 I kept a close eye out while she slept peacefully in the bed until the morning come