chapter two

Noell

Several years passed since I first arrived here along with meeting Princess Myrabella, we had slowly started becoming friends, but I didn't allow her to get too close to me because I didn't want her discovering a secret that I had kept.

I found out about it on my 18th birthday and now that I was here with her, I couldn't get away long enough to shift and it was tormenting me but I managed to sneak away from her sight and the guards long enough for me to shift but as soon as I did, she seen me.

I watched as she walked towards me with her hand stretched out towards me. I felt her hand against my face while I continued focusing on her but the guards began running towards me and I felt a sharp stinging sensation on my face after I moved her closer to me so she wouldn't be injured by the sword that cut my face.

I quickly flew away with her hanging onto my leg, I managed getting far enough away from the kingdom and check on her. She didn't appear to be injured but she was frightened by the experience that she was put through and it made me worry for her safety since we weren't at the palace anymore.

Myrabella: I should get back where I'm better protected, it's not safe for me here.

I let out a low growl after she placed her hand on the cut that was on my face.

Myrabella: you've been hurt, we should get back to my kingdom so I can help take care of it.

I knew she was right so I laid down and look at my back and it was like she was reading my mind about what I was suggesting for her to do.

Myrabella: you want me to get on your back?

I quickly nodded my head yes and she immediately climbed on my back and held on tight while I flew back to the kingdom without any guards seeing me, I landed on the courtyard just outside if her room and watched as she walked into her bedroom which gave me the opportunity to shift back to my usual form but I fainted after I returned to normal.

I woke up feeling her hand gently rubbing something cold on the cut while I looked at her.

Myrabella: I'm glad you're awake, I was worried that shifting back to your normal body had killed you.

Noell: how did you know about me shifting?

Myrabella: I figured it out after you snuck away and there's no dragons of your size in this area so...

Noell: thank you for cleaning the cut.

Myrabella: you're welcome but I had to stitch it up because it was deep and don't worry, I won't tell anyone about your secret. We wouldn't want the townspeople to panic from hearing there's a dragon hanging around.

Noell: I can't stay here forever Princess, the guards won't stop looking until I'm dead.

Myrabella: and where will you go?

Noell: back home where I belong.

Myrabella: I will help you sneak away when it gets dark.

Noell: and what will happen to you if your father finds out you helped me escape? I'm still his prisoner.

Myrabella: I will deal with my dad, just worry about getting back to your home Noell.

Noell: I don't want anything bad happening to you...

Myrabella: I will be fine...

I looked into her eyes and seen the pain that she hid, I knew that she was worried about what her father would do to her for helping me escape this place and I didn't want that for her even though I was needed where I come from.

Noell: I will stay because I don't want you getting hurt for helping me. You're important to...

Myrabella: and you shouldn't be treated like a prisoner, I'm sure your family misses you.

Noell: I don't exactly have a family but I have a mother to care for and I can't do that while I'm here.

Myrabella: go to your mother...

Noell: I won't leave you...

Myrabella: why...?

Noell: because I...

I started leaning towards her after I gently placed my hand on her chin but it was soon interrupted by someone who I've never seen before entering the room.

Theodora: you're needed at Iridessa's hut your highness.

Myrabella: let him know that I will be there shortly.

Theodora: of course your highness...

I watched as she left and I looked into her eyes once again.

Myrabella: now will be your only chance to leave, I hope your mother is doing well.

I watched as she walked out of her room and I thought about leaving but I didn't want anything bad happening to her so I decided to stand outside and think about certain things while she was away from her room.