chapter seven

Myrabella

A few weeks passed since my father gave us his blessing to be together and I was still making preparations for the child I was carrying. I wasn't sure how to announce the news to him or my father because a new war started and they had expected to go into battle any day now.

I was sitting on my balcony while I watched the soldiers awaiting orders from the king before they left, I was expecting Noell to ride away with my father but he rushed into my room and noticed me looking towards the city.

Noell: Myrabella, you should be with the other women and children. It's not safe for you here anymore, go with the others and seek shelter with them.

Myrabella: I won't leave you.

Noell: I know you're wanting to stay here but I don't want you getting hurt, please go with the others. They need a leader.

Myrabella: what will happen to you?

Noell: I will find you.

He walked with me and grabbed a horse, I was scared to lose him and I didn't know if this was the last time we would see each other. I looked into his eyes and felt a few tears run down my face, I gently placed my hands on his the armor and felt him wipe my eyes carefully.

Noell: don't cry princess, I will be with you again.

Myrabella: I love you...

Noell: I love you too princess...

I felt him place his hand against my back and held me close after I laid my head on the armor, the cold didn't compare to hearing the gentle beating of his heart.

He helped me onto the horse and I rode away while the women and children walked alongside of the horse, I wasn't sure where to go for safety but we made it out of the city before the attacks started.

After a few days of finding a city to seek refuge we were approached by a couple Guards of a nearby town.

Guard 1: are the princess of Alvarado?

Myrabella: yes, we need shelter. Our city is under attack.

Guard 2: the king and queen are expecting you all, follow us Princess.

After we got to the city, I spoke with the king and queen then was informed that we could stay as long as we chose to stay. I was given a room and I patiently waited for him to get here but as the days went on, the remaining soldiers come into the city but as I looked for him among the survivors he was nowhere to be found.

My father showed up late at night and when I went to speak with him, he told me that Noell didn't survive. I was devastated by the news that I decided to take my horse and rode back to Alvarado.

I searched throughout the city for him but I didn't see any bodies laying among the rubble, I held onto hope that he was someplace safe since I couldn't find him here. I was about to leave when I heard someone groaning behind me but it was another soldier that had been crushed by a building.

Soldier: princess Myrabella...

Myrabella: easy soldier, it's going to be okay.

Soldier: Noell he...

Myrabella: what happened to him?

Soldier: he escaped before the city was destroyed...