chapter eight

Noell

I was scouting for intruders when I was captured, I watched as I was taken away from the city where beloved was before everything went black.

I woke up hearing the sound of chains and I noticed that I had been chained to a wall, seeing that I had shifted to a dragon I tried changing back but it didn't work, I had become worried for Myrabella and her people now that the enemy knew of there whereabouts.  I felt anger rise up in me and yelled as loud as I could which got the attention of the person that was responsible for me being in this place. Finn was his name, and he was as beastly as they come, I looked up at him as he began speaking to me.

Finn: I am glad that they found you because you will be of great importance to me.

I was to weak to say anything as he pushed something into my chest then begun chanting a sort of spell on me,  I slowly felt enraged as I become the monster he needed me to be.

I felt like my bones were breaking as I become this massive dragon, my once white scales turned as black as the night and the chains that were holding me had been broken after I was completely changed to the creature of destruction that Finn had in mind.

Finn: perfect, now we shall win the war with your help.

I let out a loud roar and thought about how I was going to save Myrabella and the rest of her people. I hung my head in defeat because I knew that there was no way of getting them to safety before the attacks started.

A few days passed since I was captured and I had finally been released but ordered to attack the city, I flew towards the city. I landed in the courtyard and seen her standing on the balcony, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked even though she was sad, I felt my heart breaking as I seen her cry.

I approached the spot she was sitting near when I gently nudged her, she looked at me with a shocked expression but she calmed down enough to notice that I wasn't going to hurt her, I felt her hand gently rest against my face as she spoke softly to me...

Myrabella: they turned you into a monster...

I let out a soft growl while she continued talking calmly to me.

Myrabella: my beloved Noell, don't let them destroy you.

I immediately knew what she was asking from me and I did that. I nudged her one more time and flew away from the city even though my place was with her, I did the only thing I could do to keep them safe and hid in a cave where Finn and his army couldn't find me.

I removed the thing he placed in my chest and felt myself returning to normal, I wasn't sure if Myrabella had warned here people but I noticed that the city had quickly been destroyed in a day or two.

I waited for them to return to where they belonged so I could fly ahead and be with her again, I eventually made it to where she was but the wound in my chest was worser than I thought. I felt myself slowly black out when I seen her walking towards me...

 I felt myself slowly black out when I seen her walking towards me