chapter six

Noell

Several weeks passed since the evening I spent with Myrabella, I was about to enter her room when I was approached by her father's head Guard Samson

Samson: King William wants to speak with you in the throne room immediately.

I walked with him to the throne room and seen her father standing on the balcony after Samson walked me inside the room before leaving us alone to talk.

Noell: you wanted to see me your majesty?

King William: yes, I received word that my daughter is making certain preparations in her room and I was wondering if you had something to do with it.

Noell: the night of the ball, she and I spent the night alone at her mother's old home.

King William: she's always been drawn to that place and I had hoped she wouldn't save the place but ever since her mother passed away when she was twelve, Myrabella fell in love with that old home.

Noell: I know you and I didn't have the best friendship when I first arrived here and now that the war is over, I was hoping that we could put aside our differences for Myrabella's sake.

King William: she released you didn't she?

Noell: yes but I don't plan on leaving her because I...

King William: because you love her?

Noell: I know that she feels the same way and I wanted you to know that I would never hurt her, it hurt me when she got sick and when I took her to my city so she could be healed, I stayed close by waiting for any sign that let me know that she was going to be okay even though I knew it meant that I wouldn't be...

King William: if she loves you like you love her than I'm not going to come between the two of you. She would never stop being with you even if I was to choose someone else for her to marry.

Noell: I want to marry her if that's okay with you...

King William: I would...

Myrabella: father...

Noell: Myrabella, you should be resting...

Myrabella: I was but Samson was worried for you two being alone in here so I decided to come check on both of you.

Noell: we were talking, everything is fine Myrabella...

King William: it would make me happy if you two were together.

Myrabella: I couldn't force him to stay if he doesn't want to father, he deserves to be free...

I watched as she started walking away but I grabbed her hand and gently pulled her towards me.

Noell: I am free because of you and I'm not going to leave you.

Myrabella: I love you Noell...

Noell: I love you too...