chapter nine

Myrabella

A few weeks passed since he had been unconscious, I watched as he laid in the bed while he rested. His wounds were treated even though they were deep.

I watched as Iridessa placed a damp cloth on his head while he winced in pain after he placed herbs onto the cuts in Noell's skin. I quickly grabbed his hand as he made a painful groan.

Iridessa: I'm afraid his body isn't responding well to the herbs, I will have to think of another way to heal his wounds but in the meantime he will need to continue resting.

Myrabella: thank you Iridessa...

I watched as he walked away and I continued holding Noell's hand while he continued wincing in pain. I prayed that he would be healed from his injuries in time and as the days passed Iridessa found a new way to treat his wounds which the treatment helped him over the next few weeks.

I had been in my room when I seen him walking towards me.

Noell: I'm glad you're safe.

Myrabella: why wouldn't I be? The army was defeated and preparations have been made for us, we are going back to Alvarado in a few days.

Noell: are you up for that long trip?

Myrabella: yes, I will be fine.

Noell: I don't want you pushing yourself to make such a long trip when you're expecting our child.

Myrabella: we plan on making camp along the way so we can rest.

Noell: that makes me feel better.

I felt him gently grab my hand as we looked into each other's eyes

Noell: when we return to Alvarado, I plan on marrying you.

Myrabella: I love you...

Noell: I love you too princess...