1. Down to Earth

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

This book is dedicated to everyone who may not feel as strong on the inside as they appear on the outside. 

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

Prologue

Lucinda Kane had a presence that commanded attention and admiration. Sexy, witty, smart, cunning, fierce and stubborn. However, beneath her facade of privilege lay a complex family dynamic that shaped her. Born to Marcus Kane, a prominent figure within the ark's council who oversaw the guard. Growing up Lucinda faced the weight of unmet expectations from Marcus's longing for a son which cast a shadow over Lucinda's childhood.

Lucinda spent her childhood trying to live up to her father's expectations. She trained endlessly while absorbing everything it meant to be a leader. Despite her efforts to conform to her father's ideals, when Marcus sanctioned the execution of Lucinda's mother he shattered any ounce of control she had over her life.

Driven by grief and rage, Lucinda extinguished the lives of the four guards responsible for her mother's unjust demise. This single act altered the course of her existence, leading to her imprisonment awaiting the inevitable sentence of death.

However, fate intervened when the council banished 100 delinquents to Earth, offering Lucinda an unforeseen chance at redemption or demise. Lucinda would embark on a journey fraught with bonds of friendship and heartfelt romances that would redefine her understanding of loyalty, love, and survival. 

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

"The rumours are terrible and cruel. But honey, most of them are true."

New Romantics - Taylor Swift

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

I toyed with the handcuffs around my wrists as I layed awake in my cell. I know you're probably thinking why the handcuffs? Well, let's just say I've kept the guards on their toes since my incarceration so they had to take some extra precautions...