6. Goodbye Girlhood

"Give me back my girlhood. It was mine first."

Would've, Could've, Should've - Taylor Swift

LUCINDAS POV

As soon as I woke up I slipped on my tank top and pants before pulling my hair into a high ponytail. I heard some rustling outside my tent, but I woke up pretty early so I decided to ignore it.  After yesterday I decided to try clearing my head by going for a run.

I used to run and train endlessly on the arc before I was incarcerated. I tried my best to train after but there's only so much you can do within a small cell. I'm desperate to get that adrenaline hit back through my body.

As soon as I exited my tent I felt that familiar rush of cool breeze against my skin. Once I made it out of camp I began running. I tried to stick to the perimeter of the camp considering the current grounder problem.

The first rays of the morning sun peaked from between the towering branches. I felt the cool breeze tickle against the beads of sweat that ran down my chest as I inclined my pace. I controlled my breathing as I jumped over tree branches and weaved my way through the forest. I smiled to myself at the unfamiliar new terrain. Let's just say it's a lot more entertaining than running through the ark halls.

After a few laps around camp, the sun had fully risen so I decided to head back in the direction of camp. My heart pounded in my heaving chest as sweat beads trickled down my forehead. I turned around a tree corner sharply on my way back when I suddenly lost my balance and tripped. I groaned pushing myself up from the ground but as my chest lifted my eyes met with another. Wells.

Instinctively I screamed as my eyes met Well's lifeless expression. I scrambled backwards as I looked over his dead body. He was murdered... But so close to camp? It didn't make any sense. Why would the grounders take such a risk to kill one boy?

I heard footsteps running in my direction as relief came over me as someone must have heard my scream. I turned around to see Octavia looking over Wells's body in astonishment. Her eyes met mine with shock as I looked up from the ground at her.

"What happened?" Octavia asked frantically as she extended her hand to help me up from the ground which I took gratefully.

"Can you get Bellamy?" I asked as my heart pounded through my chest. Octavia squeezed my hand in hers before nodding and quickly running back to camp to get Bellamy. I lifted my hand to wipe the sweat off my forehead as I stared at Wells in astonishment. I was broken from my trance when Bellamy quickly appeared by my side.