7. King, Queen, Princess

"Salute to me, I'm your American Queen

"Salute to me, I'm your American Queen."

King Of My Heart - Taylor Swift

By the time I made it out of camp, darkness had fallen over the forest. I clutched my knife close to my chest, taking no chances in the woods. Frankly, I had no clue where Finn and Clarke had taken Charlotte. My main focus was to follow Murphy and his pack to make sure they wouldn't figure it out either.

The darkness made the forest difficult to navigate so I carefully manoeuvred my way through the trees. I tried my best to listen out for the sounds of Murphy and his posse. 

After a while of trekking through the forest to catch up with the group, I found them. From a distance, I spotted the glow of torches deep within the woods. They were too far to eavesdrop but I immediately recognised Murphy's voice booming through the forest.

I went to step forward before I felt a hand wrap around my mouth, pulling me back into a firm chest sharply. My eyes widened in panic before I was spun around to meet Bellamy's gaze.

"Don't do that again." I whispered quietly pushing his chest back he lowered his hand from my mouth, brushing against my lips. My heart continued to pound through my chest from the adrenaline. 

"Why didn't you wait for me to-" Bellamy began in a low voice before I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"Wait and let them find Charlotte? You're probably concussed anyways, I don't need you slowing me down." I replied in a whisper before I continued walking to follow the boys. Bellamy scoffed at my comment before we continued in silence.

As we got closer to the group we stuck behind the tree line but remained close enough to listen in. Murphy and his crowd continued calling out for Charlotte.

"Come on out Charlotte, come on out!" Murphy and his followers bellowed.

"Murphy! I'm over here!" The sound of Charlotte's young voice cried out, echoing through the forest. Bellamy and I shared a glance before taking off in the direction of Charlotte's voice.

"Over here!" Charlotte cried as I ran with all my strength to get to her before Murphy could. Eventually, we reached an opening in the forest that led to a dead end. Charlotte stood in the opening before a steep cliff as she turned to face Bellamy and I. Bellamy quickly rushed to her side ushering her to be quiet. Before we could escape from the clearing and get the girl somewhere safe, Murphy made his way through the tree line.

"Bellamy! Lucinda! You can't take us all on! Give her up." Murphy announced emerging from the woods with his followers in tow.

"Is that a challenge?" I spoke up stepping forward in front of Bellamy and Charlotte. I stood strong in front of Murphy and his followers waiting for someone to make the first move. I wasn't going to back down from this one without a fight. I felt a protectiveness over Charlotte knowing she was just a young girl down here by herself. She just needed someone to look out for her.