11. Torture for You

"Stop your losing me

"Stop your losing me. I can't find a pulse. My heart won't start anymore."

You're losing me - Taylor Swift

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

BELLAMYS POV

I watched as Clarke continued interrogating the grounder, desperate to find a cure to the poison to save Finn. I stood on the edge, my eyes flickering between Clarke and the grounder, my heart pounding in my chest with each passing moment. But amidst the chaos, a subtle movement caught my attention. In the periphery of my vision, I saw Lucinda, her usually steady form faltering as she stumbled backward.

Time seemed to stop entirely, my focus shifting instantly from the interrogation to Lucinda. I watched as she crashed down against the drop ship floor, her limp body falling lifeless into an unnatural stillness.

"Lu!" The cry tore from my throat, raw with panic and desperation, as I sprinted to her side. Dropping to my knees beside her, I cradled her delicate face in my hands, my rough fingers trembling against her soft skin. Even holding her skin in my rough hands I felt as though I was penetrating her perfection.

My frantic fingers sought out her pulse, brushing aside strands of her long, brunette hair to press against her neck. Relief flooded through me as I felt the faint rhythm of her heartbeat beneath my fingertips, but it was short-lived.

I felt as Lucinda's body began to tremble beneath my touch before she began hyperventilating. Panic clawed at my chest as I watched her struggle, her chest heaving with each desperate attempt to draw in precious air. My stomach sank as I realised the truth. Lucinda was poisoned...

In my single-minded focus on extracting information from the grounder, I had become blind to the danger threatening Lucinda's life. The same knife that had struck Finn had also pierced Lucinda's skin, poisoning her bloodstream.

As I cradled Lucinda's limp form in my arms, my failure ate away at my conscience. The guilt that ate away at me, fuelled me to do whatever it took to save her.  I refused to let her slip away, to become just another casualty of the earth. I pushed aside the paralysing grip of remorse and focused my energies on finding a cure before it was too late.

"Vials." I spoke up as my eyes widened, my mind sharp, desperate to find her a cure.

"Miller, hold her." I commanded as my gaze locked with Miller's before he stepped forward to take Lucinda from my trembling arms. With a silent nod of understanding, he cradled her gently against his chest as I rushed to the grounder's belongings that held the vials. I scrambled looking over all the vials but I couldn't help but glance back at Lucinda continually to check on her condition.

"You'd have to be stupid to have poison around this long without an antidote. Which one?" Clarke demanded, taking the vials from me and holding them up to the grounder desperately.