12. Shadows of Regret

"The skeletons in both our closets plotted hard to fuck this up."

Cowboy Like Me - Taylor Swift

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

LUCINDAS POV

With a gasp, I woke up, the weight of panic pressing down on my chest. Rapidly, I pushed myself upright, desperation driving me to inhale as much air as I could. But the sensation of suffocation left my body as I realised I wasn't in the drop ship anymore, where I had last fought against the numbing cold of the ground.

"Lu, relax," A familiar voice broke through the haze of my disorientation. My eyes snapped to the source, finding Bellamy's concerned gaze fixed on me as he made his way across his dimly lit tent. 

"What happened?" I asked, my mind struggling to piece together the gaps in my memory.

"After you passed out we managed to find a cure in time." Bellamy informed me, though his words only made more questions arise in my mind, I knew he was leaving out significant details. You've been asleep since."

"How long have I been out?" I asked swinging my legs over the side of his bed as he stood beside me. 

"Around half a day." Bellamy informed as my eyes widened. 

"Oh god... Finn is he?" I asked, my voice catching with worry as I slipped on my boots.

"He's fine." Bellamy reassured me, and a wave of relief washed over me as I nodded, my mind momentarily eased. But Bellamy's halted my movements as I neared the exit to his tent.

"Slow down, you need to rest." Bellamy insisted as I turned back to face him, my brows raised in amusement at his persistence. A soft chuckle escaped my lips before I made my way out of his tent. I quickly made my way towards the drop ship, my heart pounding with a mix of relief and apprehension. I had to check on Finn, to see with my own eyes that he was okay. As I entered the drop ship, my gaze immediately found Finn sitting beside Clarke.

"Oh Finn," I exclaimed, rushing to his side and engulfing him in a tight hug. He chuckled softly, returning the embrace. "I thought I'd lost you."

"Come on Cindy, can't get rid of me that easily." Finn replied with a light chuckle, his arms tightening around me as if to reassure both of us of his presence. We held each other for a moment longer, the weight of fear and relief mingling in the air between us. Then, I leaned back to face him, a smile breaking through the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes. With a playful slap to his chest, I scolded him. 

"You scared the shit out of me Collins! Don't do that again." I laughed with tears slightly brimming my eyes. 

"Yeah, well you did save my life the very first time we met. Let's just say I had to repay the favour." Finn smiled mischievously as I laughed as I remembered our first encounter, the adrenaline-fueled chaos of the descent to Earth. I chuckled, shaking my head fondly at the memory.