Part 5 Market

Chapter 5: Market

Tails powers on Y/N, he's holding a list in his hand.

"Alright, Y/N, today we're going to the store to pick up some supplies. I've made a list of everything we need. Let's go over it together," Tails said, his voice filled with enthusiasm.

Y/N's eyes flickered to life, their systems coming online as they processed Tails' instructions. They gazed at the list in his hand, their robotic gaze studying the items listed on it.

"Supplies for...adventures?" Y/N asked in their slightly distorted voice, their curiosity evident in their tone.

Tails chuckled, nodding in response. "That's right, Y/N. We need to stock up on supplies for our adventures.

"Why is Mint put on here 3 times?"

Tails smiled at Y/N's observation, realizing he had accidentally included mint on the list multiple times. "Oops, looks like I got a little carried away with the mint ice cream. Maybe we'll just get one this time," he chuckled, making a mental note to adjust the list.

Y/N nodded in understanding, their eyes glowing with anticipation for the trip to the market. "Understood, Tails. Let's go get our supplies."

Tails and Y/N made their way to the market, Y/N goes to walk inside but the metal detector goes off.

Tails and Y/N both stop in surprise, looking at each other with confusion. Tails quickly realizes the issue, Y/N is entirely made of metal.

"Oops, forgot about that," Tails said, a sheepish expression on his face. "Sorry your gonna have to stay out here."

"But that goes against programming. Too Dangerous."

Tails nodded in understanding, knowing Y/N's concern for their safety. He thought for a moment before coming up with a solution.

"Alright, how about you wait out here, I'll get the supplies and be back in no time," Tails suggested, hoping to reassure Y/N and avoid any potential danger.

Y/N hesitated for a moment before nodding in agreement, their eyes displaying trust in Tails. "Ok, Tails. I'll wait here for you. Be careful."

Tails smiled warmly at Y/N, grateful for their understanding. 

Y/N stands still not moving a single muscle as they wait for Tails.

A scruffy looking Mobian possum goes next to them, eyeing them with a sly grin.

"Hey their beautiful"

Y/N doesn't react, mostly because they don't understand, and they don't wanna let Tails down.

The possum tries again, leaning in closer. "I've never seen a robot like you before, you must be one of a kind."

Y/N's internal systems register the unfamiliar interaction, but without Tails around, they struggle to process the encounter. They simply stand there, waiting for Tails to return.

Tails comes back with the supplies and sees the possum talking to Y/N. He quickly walks over to them, a protective expression on his face.

"Hey, back off. Y/N is not a toy, they're my creation and they're not here to be bothered," Tails said firmly.

"Oh be quiet squirt."

Y/N eyes go a deep black red at that.

Tails noticed the change in Y/N's eyes and realized that they were feeling threatened by the possum's rude behavior. He stepped in front of Y/N, shielding them from the possum and sending a warning glare.