IDW JET SET TORNADO

Next chapter: JET SET TORNADO.

This chapter is based on the Sonic IDW comic series.

The scene opens up with Y/N and Tails hanging onto the wing of the Tornado, Sonic in the driver's seat.

Sonic spins the plane around doing a barrel role.

Sonic: WOO BARREL ROLLIN!

Y/N's sensors are disoriented from the sudden spin, their robotic eyes replaced with swirls.

Tails: I mean it's more of an aileron roll but close enough.

Sonic: Thanks for taking me up in the Tornado Tails. It's been way too long since I sat in the cockpit!

Tails: Well, we haven't had much peacetime in the sky lately. I want to get ready for whatever comes our way next, and that means new tech. And just between you and me I wanted to see how Y/N adapts to having nothing under their feet.

Y/N shifts their gaze to the ground below, they quickly look up trying not to think about it but their circuits are on edge.

Tails: Plus, who better to help test my new Jet Booster prototype for speed! (He's referring to the thing on the bottom of the plane.) But remember this booster is super powerful. We'll take it easy and do a few straight aways before we call it a day. We don't wanna put the Tornado under too much stress or make Y/N barf up pictures... again.

Sonic: Stress? Me? I don't even know the mea-

Y/N: LOOK OUT!

Sonic pulls the plane to the side just barley dodging a green streak.

Sonic: WOAH! That Badnik came out of nowhere! Didn't even show up on the radar!

Tails: Y/N binocular mode.

Y/N detaches their head, the back opens up a hole big enough for a head to fit in. They hand it to Tails who puts it on.

Tails: That armor and those speeds. It must be some kind of stealth Balkiry! Y/N zoom.

The lenses zoom in on a box in its grasp.

Tails: Resistance supplies! It must have raided the nearby store house for fuel cells!

Tails puts Y/N's head back on their body.

Sonic: Can't have that can we?

Tails: But we'll never catch up unless-

Sonic: Way ahead of you pal!

Sonic presses the button on the joystick.

Tails: Hold on let me-

The booster activates, making the plane faster than ever, Y/N loses their grip on the wing and is now holding onto the rear wings.

Y/N's robotic body shakes as they cling onto the rear wings, the wind rushing past them as they struggle to maintain their grip. Their circuits beep and whir as they try to stabilize themselves, their mechanical eyes wide with uncertainty as they hang on for dear life.

Sonic: Well, booster works.

Tails: Sometimes engineering brains... are burden.

The wings begins creaking as Sonic makes the plane perform a dive.

Y/N: Warning! Tornados Structural integrity failing!

Sonic: What! I can't hear you over the wings creaking!

A bolt pops off of the turbine.

Tails: One wrong maneuver and we risk a SERIOUSLY unscheduled landing!