𝟝

Wait, what?

"Sorry but what's that meant to mean?" You asked him. "Well you said you saw Baji as an older brother, didn't you? I had an older brother figure in my life once and I also had an older sister, she's who I was visiting on the day we met." He explained. "Oh... I'm sorry for asking." You said as you probably made him think about topics he didn't want to "Nah it's fine." He replied. You both stayed silent for the rest of the journey, not wanting to make the other uncomfortable by bringing up the dead.

Seishu made sure to drop you off a few blocks before you reached the school as he knew you wouldn't want to be seen with delinquents like him. "Bye Inui." You waved at him. "See ya l/n." He waved back.

You walked towards school, not knowing how people would react about you missing school for the past month and then just showing up on a random Wednesday. As you approached the school gates you noticed a group of girls and they noticed you too. Walking through the gates they stared at you, giving you dirty looks. Seems like people still don't like you at this school. I mean, you did have one friend but you weren't that close with her. She was Mikey's younger sister, Emma. You only knew her because of the amount of times Keisuke would bring you over to Mikey's place. When you were both really young, and I mean really young, there'd be another girl too. You forgot her name but one day her and her older brothers stopped coming over. All you knew now was that the younger of the two brothers, Haruchiyo, was apart of Toman.

You walked into first period, science, one of your worst subjects. Plus your grades have probably dropped much more given the amount of work you've missed. At least Emma was there so you had someone to talk to, or more like listen to, she talked quite a bit about fashion, her brother, his gang, her other friends and most importantly, Draken. She was quite literally obsessed with him. It was obvious she liked him and he liked her back but neither of them could take the hint so you would always have Emma ranting to you about it.

You took a seat at the back beside her, you hoped that your teachers would go easy on you considering the amount of school you missed but it wasn't guaranteed. "Hey y/n." Emma turned to you. "Hi Emma." "How are you, it's been a while?" "Eh, I'm fine." You weren't. You knew that you weren't but no one else did. No one knew that you had went countless days over the past few weeks without eating or sleeping. No one knew that you cried yourself to sleep. No one knew that Keisuke was what was keeping you alive. And you probably would never get to the stage of being 'fine'.

"I'm glad your doing okay. Especially after what happened." You knew what she was referring to, it didn't need to be spelled out for you to understand that she was talking about the disaster that happened at Halloween. You wondered why she didn't just say it but you guessed that she probably just didn't want to make you uncomfortable.

Class ended. And your wishes to not be bothered with work did not come true. Why did I have to come in today? You thought to yourself. You wanted to skip the rest of the day and just go home and sleep but you couldn't. You didn't want anyone to see how much you had fallen behind on your academics. If they seen that they'd see you as weak. Something you did not want to be perceived as. Inside your head you told yourself to atleast make it to third period and then it'd be lunch but there was another voice inside your head telling you to just head home.

You decided to make it to lunch and then you'd go home. Third period is geography, something that you don't mind that much.

You walked out of geography fully ready to go home when suddenly someone grabbed your shoulders from behind. "Hey y/n, come eat lunch with me." You didn't want to stay longer than you has planned but you also didn't want to dissapoint Emma so you decided to stay but just until lunch had ended. You'd need some energy for walking home anyways.

During lunch you kinda just sat there while Emma chewed your ear off. Each time she'd ask you something you'd just respond with a "mhm" or a "hmm" You didn't have the energy to do or say much more. I guess this is what three hours of sleep does to a person. You thought, eating a biscuit as Emma ranted about how she has to keep waking Mikey up for school.

The bell rung. Lunch had ended. You walked away from the table you were sitting at, waving a quick 'goodbye' to Emma as you made to the exit of the school. That's enough for one day. You thought to yourself but deep down you were kinda upset that you couldn't even make it through one full day of school. Walking down one of your usual routes home some guy stood in your way, clearly looking to fight you since he started cracking the joints in his body. Ew you thought to yourself as he cracked his neck. There were many sounds you disliked, bones cracking being one of them. Keisuke would always crack his knuckles around you nust to spite you and you hated it. "I really don't have the time or energy for this." You mumbled under your breath, approaching the guy. "Hey girlie. I heard you beat up some of my guys. You must be pretty str-" Before he could finish sentence you kicked him in the face, knocking him out. "I may be strong but your clearly not." You muttered before continuing your wall home.

While walking home you seen a cafe. You were still a bit hungry seeing as you hadn't eaten lunch so you decided to head in and get a small snack to eat as you walked. Walking into the cafe a voice called out to you. "Hey y/n! You skipping school again." Of course it was the one person that you could not match the energy of right now. Mikey.