𝟙𝟚

Once the two of you had reached the living room you sat him down on the sofa. "So.. how have you been?" You asked him as you cleaned the dried blood off if his face. It was still kind of awkward between the two of you and you didn't really know exactly what to say. "I've been fine, I guess." He said while looking away. That's how you could tell he was lying. Something must've been on his mind.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Seishu took the notion to break it. "How about you, how have you been? Was it fun avoiding me?" He asked somewhat passive aggressively. You were confused. How could he tell that I was avoiding him? You asked yourself inside your own head. Judging by your lack of response Inui guessed he was right. And he was, you had been avoiding him ever since you found out him and his friend were in a gang.

"So, do you want to explain why you were avoiding me?" He asked, his voice getting colder with each word he spoke. The truth is you didn't really want to explain why but you knew your reason would come out of you sooner or later so you decided to face your fears and just tell him now.

"I'm sorry." As soon as those words left your mouth Inui's cold demeanor changed. You continued. "I'm sorry, I avoided you because you were in a gang. I know it's stupid seeing as I have friends in Toman but it scared me because you weren't apart of Toman. I was scared incase you were part of an enemy gang and would end up dying to one of my friends. I've already lost one too many people due to gang fights and I didn't want to get connected to anyone I wasn't already friends with who was in a gang. I'm sorry Seishu." You confessed with a shaky voice, shaking hands and tears brimming your eyes, about to start flowing.

Seishu was taken aback from your explanation. He knew you had lost someone important to you, someone you had seen as a brother but he didn't expect it to be due to gang violence. And then he realised all of the dots connected. Your words at the cemetery, the gang that tried to jump you after coming out of it. It all made sense now and now he felt kinda stupid that he didn't notice earlier. He felt as though he now owed you an apology. He didn't know what for though, maybe for making you bring up some topics that clearly made you emotional or maybe for not telling you he was a gang member.

"I'm sorry y/n"

. . . . . .
A/n: so I've decided to do two short chapters a week, these will be uploaded every Wednesday and Saturday GMT.