Chapter 11

A couple weeks later after Niall and I left the doctors office hand in hand, happy as could be, finding out what we were having was a relief and I was surprised because I thought with my stomach being low right now I would be having a girl. I was online looking up baby clothes when I heard a knock on the door.

That was odd, I wasn't expecting anyone. Niall and the other guys were at the studio. Rachel and Aurora were at work as well. Luckily I had the day off so I went to open the door. I was surprised at who I found. Megan. I said “Hello” to be polite. We had an awkward silence then a zephyr, a light breeze which picked up a little bit, blew across my skin which made me get goose bumps.

I looked up in the sky which was getting darker by the minute and decided to invite Megan in. If I was cold then she had to be as well. Soon the wind blew so hard the leaves were flying off the trees and thunder crackled through out the sky.

“Ashley did the lights just flicker?” Megan stuttered.

The lights flickered and I heard the rain pouring down on the roof and windows. I went to the window and opened the curtain to see a streak of purple through the now almost black sky. The rain kept pouring down when I another streak of lightning went across the sky.

“Y-yeah. I think so.” I replied once the lights flickered again.

The rain kept pouring down in sheets across the house and the wind blew so hard I thought I heard cracking from limbs being broken off. I tried to text Niall but my phone signal wasn't working which was weird.

“Um Megan is your phone working?” I asked, bewildered.

“Let me check.” Megan stuttered once again but dug around in her purse then finally pulled out her phone. She held it up in the air and tried to speed dial someone but the voice response system came on saying “sorry but the number you are trying to call is out of service.” I gulped and my eyes went big. As I turned on the TV the lights went out.

Megan I both screamed, but I completely wigged out when I felt someone touch me. “It's just me I promise.” I sighed and took her hand while making my way around the house to find some candles with only the lights to our phones.

I started to shiver because with the lights out it had gotten cold in the house. Megan had looked over at Lou's and Harry's house and the lights were out as well. With my phone and Megan's phones not working we didn't know what was going to happen.

Soon the wind started to pick up even more, I didn't know what was going on outside but I took a blanket and a pillow then told Megan to follow suite. With our phones and things we carried we went in the closet with the sliding wooden door and left a little crack open so we could hear the outside.

“Ashley, I'm scared.”

“I am too. I'm worried for Niall and the rest of the band, as well as Rachel and Aurora.” I whispered.

“I'm sorry about yesterday. I really like Harry and I know deep down that he still loves you.” Megan blurted out after a few moments of silence.

I took my phone out of my pocket and slid across the screen to unlock it so I could see her face. I wanted to look in her eyes and see if she meant what she was saying. I glared at first but my eye sight softened after a few minutes. I nodded and I knew she seen me. I wasn't going to say anything at first when the front door flung wide open.

It was so dark outside and inside the house that we didn't know what or who that was at the front of the house. Megan and I covered our mouths and tried not to breath too heavily. We heard foot steps go up the stairs. A few minutes later we heard whispering then shuffling around the rooms.

“Well I guess we won't get to harm anyone today.”

“I guess not. But I would've loved to see her beg for mercy.”

It was hard for me not to gasp when I heard those voices. Megan scooted closer to me and I tugged on her arm to scoot over more near the darkness of the other side of the closet. We through the blanket over us to possibly help hide us in the darkness of the closet.

We kept listening while we trembling and crying silently praying that nothing bad happened to us. I couldn't risk loosing my baby to some cruel murders. We heard them go through my room making sure I wasn't upstairs then went to Aurora's room, next was Rachel's.

When they went through her underwear drawer one of them said “I would love to see these on her.” The other man just laughed. Soon they came downstairs and that's when my heart beat went even faster and I could even hear it in my ears.

When they went past the closet we got ready to sigh in relief but one of the men opened one side of the closet. I hoped and prayed that he wouldn't open the side we were on. I was praying more than I think anyone would ever pray in their life in that moment.

“Hey Derrik man come here look at this.”

I bit my lip while still trying to be quiet while still crying. I had to put Megan's hand over mine then bite down on my own hand. I was bawling at this point and it was getting hard to breath. Soon after the guy walked down the hall way the house phone rang.

I didn't get up, Megan started to move and I shook my head, and told her with my eyes not to move. The voicemail came on and soon I heard Niall's sweet voice saying

“I'm on the way love. I can't wait to see you and our bundle of joy. I love you.”

I gulped once more when one of men said “Well I guess that's two people we can get rid of.”

“I don't think anyone's home. Let's just go.”

“No let's stay and hide. I have an idea.”