Chapter 6

The rhythm master competition at C University campus quickly caused a sensation. That day, a post appeared among the top ten hot topics on the campus BBS titled "Rhythm Master Competition at Campus, Surprisingly Skilled Masters!" It even included photos of the final double S and triple S score judgments.

The post skyrocketed, making it to the headlines of today's news, and the number of replies quickly turned dozens of pages.

Regarding the champion Wu Zewen, many in the Physics department knew a lot about him. Soon, his background was fully exposed.

A physics department genius, winning scholarships every year, always carrying thick reference books, he's a typical academic competitor.

His biggest flaw? Prosopagnosia and a poker face.

With nearsighted eyes, he often couldn't recognize people, and his face hardly showed any expression. No matter how funny the joke you told in front of him, he remained calm, looking at you with such composure that the joke-teller often felt like a fool.

A person whose mind is filled with mathematical formulas seems to be from a different dimension than ordinary people.

Hobby: Piano performance at an advanced level. Starting piano lessons at a young age, he has extremely fast hands. Although he played Rhythm Master for a while, he used to have no interest in various recreational competitions at school, focusing solely on studying physics formulas. This time, he suddenly participated only because, "I really want the champion's prize."

On the contrary, there's no concrete information about Liu Chuan. The History department dug through dozens of threads about him, but in the end, they all said that he's mysterious and elusive, disappearing for three years during his leave of absence, and returning to school now without a sound, completely unknown.

***

Five o'clock in the afternoon, second-floor cafeteria of the student canteen.

After finishing the competition, Liu Chuan and Wu Zewen went to eat together. While lining up to swipe their cards, Liu Chuan took the initiative to step in front of Wu Zewen and swiped his own card, smiling as he said, "Let me treat you."

Wu Zewen glanced at him but didn't object, calmly replying, "Thank you."

The two walked side by side and sat down at an empty table in the corner of the cafeteria. Liu Chuan looked at the gentle and refined young man in front of him and couldn't help but speak, "Let's formally introduce ourselves. I'm Liu Chuan, with the character '川' that has three vertical lines. Next time we meet, please don't ask 'who are you' again."

Wu Zewen: "…"

Wu Zewen's ears turned slightly red.

His nearsightedness was quite severe, making it hard for him to remember people he'd only seen once. It usually took at least two encounters for him to match faces with names. However, he had met Liu Chuan a few times before, and today's final stage of the rhythm master competition left an even deeper impression.

The person in front of him, he would never forget.

Wu Zewen looked up, meeting the smiling gaze of the young man, and nodded earnestly, saying, "Yes, I remember."

Liu Chuan: "…"

This earnest attitude, it was as if he had just remembered some major historical event, leaving Liu Chuan both amused and bewildered!

After saying this, Wu Zewen calmly lowered his head and started eating.

His eating movements were very deliberate, with the spoon in his left hand and the chopsticks in his right. He would scoop up rice with the spoon and pick up vegetables with the chopsticks, chewing them in a rhythmic manner as if following a set program.