Promposal II

I can't breathe. It's as if the air around me was sucked and kept in a box, preventing me to breathe.

He's currently standing in front of me, his brown hair sticking out everywhere. He's wearing a white fitted shirt that hugs his body perfectly, revealing his muscular figure. Everything from down below his body and his background is blurred, though his face is focused.

I don't know if my mind's not working well right now, but am I really seeing him right now? Right in front of me? A few inches away from me?

He waved his hand in front of my face. "Hey, Nikki. Are you okay? You look like you're going to faint."

Warmth creeped up to my cheeks and I bit my lip. "U-Uh, m-me?" I gestured to myself and straightened, even if it means that I have to lean backwards and away from his face. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Oh, okay." He inserted his hands in his pockets. Oh my God. This is freaking awkward! What should I do?

"So, uh..." Come on, think! Use your brain, Nikki! "Uh, do you need something?"

His eyes sparkled in amusement. "Oh, yeah. About that..."

I leaned against my locker to appear confident and to not fall down on my knees because his stare melts me and makes my knees turn to Jell-O.

"Go on."

"Well, we'll be having a family dinner later and I'm just wondering if you want to go together there?"

My heart skipped a beat. My ears are ringing. My stomach's turning around. And I can feel my intestines rise up to my throat.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, I'm clearly overreacting. But why can't I help it?

Is it because this will be the first time that we'll go together in one car, specifically his? Or is it because this will be the first time that we'll be alone together?

'Keep it together, Nikki.', I mentally said to myself before mustering up enough confidence to look up to him. "Uh-h, can I?"

He shrugged. "Well, yeah. I'll be out a few minutes late, though. Or, you want to go ahead...?"

I quickly shook my head and mentally slapped myself. I looked like a desperate bitch. "No, it's okay. I might also swing by the radio room. I left my phone there a while ago." I secretly bit my tongue, punishing myself for lying. Ugh! I'm such a bad liar! Let's just hope he buys my lie, though.

He tilted his head to the side and pouted, and if he just can't see me, I'll swoon right then and there. "Is that the phone you're talking about?" He furrowed his brows, totally confused.

My eyes widened, then I tried to form a fist using my right hand but something hard prevented me to.

It's my phone.

"U-Uh, this?" I tried to laugh a bit then bit my lip. "I-I own two phones, a-actually. He-he." I mentally ran my hand through my face. Ugh. What the hell's happening to me?

"Oh. Well then, guess I'll just swing by the radio room then."

I nodded. "Sure thing."

He flashed me a boyish grin that I know might be in my dreams from now and then. "See you later, Nikki." Then he walked away, his team in tow.

I placed a hand on my chest, calming myself down. Ugh, I need to stand my ground! Be a woman and act like one! Ugh. If my family's here, they're probably laughing their heads off.

But I'm also proud of myself for not acting like a silly girl who has a crush on him in front of him. I probably need to pat myself at the shoulder, for a good job.