Promposal XV.III

;)

Yes, you guys read it right.

This is the third part of Promposal XV :D

Happy reading!

×××

"NIKKI!"

We both turned to the rooftop door and saw Trev, Bailey, Kaitlyn, Trish, Kyle, Jeremy, Justin, and Phia, all standing there, mouths hanging open and eyes wide. Adam and I both laughed at their expressions, because hey, who wouldn't? They all looked like they've seen an 18+ movie scene for the first time.

When they finally got back into their senses, Bailey rushed to me and hugged me, while Kaitlyn hugged Adam, too.

"You made us worry back down there, Nikki! Running away like that..." She frowned, but then she gritted her teeth and slapped my arm. "Don't you ever do that again or else!"

I grinned at her and pointed at Adam. "Tell that to him. If ever he plans on committing suicide agai--"

"I wouldn't, and I would never do that again. I've learned my lesson." Adam cut me off, glaring at me. I just smiled sweetly at him, blew him a kiss, before turning back to the others. I caught sight of Trev, who's at the very back of the crowd. I pushed past the others, and when he saw me approach him, his eyes widened, but then he pulled himself together and shook his head at me. I frowned at him before pulling him into a tight hug.

I snuggled closer to him. "I'm sorry, Trev. I really am. I'm sorry for locking you in there, even if all you ever want is to protect me and be with me, but, I just thoug--"

He pressed his point finger to my lips, silencing me. He grinned down at me, messed with my hair, and hugged me back. "No need to say sorry, pig. I understand. I'm sorry for shouting at you back there. You really scared the shit out of me, running away like that and all. I'm just glad you were able to stop this moron from jumping and killing himself."

I pulled away from him but still snuggled close to him and looked at Adam, who's still hugging Kaitlyn. I still can't believe that they're cousins. Oh well. Science. You can't always predict things. "Yeah, I'm glad I followed what my heart and mind was saying a while ago. We wouldn't know what could've happened to him if it weren't for me."

He chuckled and rested his chin on my head. "That guy's head got some loose knicks and nails. And I'm pretty sure you can fix those."

I nodded. "I just hope I would."

"So, will I still be your prom date?"

I grinned at him. I owe this guy a lot, so maybe it's just right to still be his date. "Of course."

After a few minutes, the school government arrived and took us downstairs and we were checked up by the school medical team and clinic. Then, when they've assured that we're fine, Mr. Woods, our school principal, called us to his office to talk to us. Those are the worst forty-eight minutes of my life, and probably the most awkward. Mr. Woods asked us some questions that were about "us" and about the reason why Adam attempted suicide. I swear my skin got paler than how it really is before.

Even if something like that happened, the school administration decided to not postpone the prom, but instead, moved it to 7:30 pm from 6:00. But even so, they still called in our parents, and they weren't very happy with what happened, too.

I mean, who would be? Adam attempted to commit suicide and I stopped him, and even if he wouldn't want to change his mind, if he wants me to, I would also jump with him. My dad wasn't very happy to hear that, though. But I'm glad that he didn't get mad at Adam. Adam's parents on the other hand, though, didn't let that pass. After our talk with the principal, Mr. and Mrs. Evans excused themselves so that they could talk to Adam privately.