Promposal XV.I

"Adam!"

He's standing there, on the edge, his eyes closed, his hands into fists, his lips pursed. And from down here, I can see the crystal tears streaming down his face. He's crying.

Then before I knew it, tears started flooding my own eyes, too, blurring everything in my vision. I blinked it away, but then it started flowing down my cheeks, like a waterfall. It doesn't stop. It won't stop.

"Trevor! We have to do something!"

"W-We have to stop him!"

"The principal already called for help, but it'll take long until they get here."

"We should call his parents!"

"W-Where's Nikki?"

"Nikki!"

I looked back but shook my head to them, and sprinted away and entered the fire exit door. I know my legs aren't that worked out like a runner's, but I guess I can still make it. I have to. Before he decides to jump. No one knows what he's thinking right now. Well, maybe I do. It's because I'm the one he's thinking of.

"Nikki!"

I slowed down and saw Trev running up the stairs. I quickly started running up, even if it's a bit hard because of the gravity, but the adrenaline rush is helping. When I finally reached the fifth floor, I got in the door that leads to the rooms at the fifth floor and locked him in there, then slowly, I let myself collapse on the floor, leaning on the door and silently crying. I'm sorry, Trev. But I have to do this alone. You being there won't help.

He pounded on the door, punched it, kicked it a few times, but then it stopped and I heard him yell. Oh God, Trev... I'm so sorry...

"Open the freaking door, Nikki. I know what you're thinking. And it's not a good idea. We should just wait for help. They know better of what to do."

I sobbed in my hand, silently muttering apologies to Trev. From the other side of the door, I can feel his presence, and from here, I can hear him curse and stomp on the floor and hiss. It was crazy. Torn between whom you're gonna go to first. But Adam needs me. He needs me, and if I won't attend to him any time now, it'll be too late.

Placing my hand on the door, I whispered, "Trev, I'm sorry. B-But... Adam needs me. It's a-all my fault. I-I need to fix this. Alone."

I helped myself up, walked away, and with one last look at the door, I sprinted away. Away from the door. Away from the one who made me happy during those days when I was really down. Away from my short-term happiness. Away from Trev.

When I got to the sixth floor, it was almost pitch dark, except from the sunlight streaming from the windows, but it wasn't much of help. I had to find the switch on the wall with my hand, and when I flicked it open, I immediately saw the sign that says "Rooftop". This floor wasn't being used by students, because it was somehow turned into an attic by the school administration. They store the old chairs and desks here, the old school mascot, old banners for the basketball and swim team, and other stuff. I ran for the door, opened it, and walked up the stairs, and every step I take is like one step I take towards death--losing Adam.

When I opened the door, I was blinded by the sunlight, so I had to squint my eyes a bit first, and when my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I turned to my right and saw him, still standing on the edge. I inched towards him, silently praying that he won't fall out of shock or whatever if I utter his name. When I was just a yard away from him, I closed my eyes and said,

"Don't ruin your life because of me."

×××

BWAHAHHAHAHA!

Yes, I just did an evil laugh XD and yes, I did left you hanging *evil laugh*

This is just the part 1 of this chappy, and I will publish the 2nd one maybe later or tomorrow :)

Sorry if this chapter's too short. It's divided into parts to intentionally leave you hanging by the cliff and to irritate you XD

I wanna change Promposal's book cover but I don't have any ideas of what I should put on the cover! >_____< Give me ideas! If you guys have, just comment it below and thanks in advance :)

Vote, comment, share, spread the love and the feels (happiness, sadness, joy, and the feeling of being annoyed at me because of the cliffhanger ;)) by recommending this to your friends, fellow readers or writers, basically to everyone that exists on Earth! Thank you all so much for those who tweeted about Promposal and used the hashtags on Twitter! Comment your usernames on Twitter below! Love you guys a bunch! :*

To the moon and back,

Nicholle