Promposal VII

*unknown number*: Hey, Nikki. Can we talk? :) -Adam

I unintentionally dropped my phone, good thing it fell on my bed sheet.

He wants to talk?

Yeah, we really need to talk. But I think that there's nothing for us to talk about. I made it clear to him that it hurt me that he ditched me. Now, what is it this time?

I saved his number under the name Jerk and sent him a message.

Nikki: Hey. I think there's nothing for us to talk about now but I think you can at least explain yourself. When?

Jerk: Oh, I thought you wouldn't reply. Thank God you did :)

Is he trying to start a flirting session with me?

Before I could type a letter, a message came in again.

Jerk: I know. I've been a jerk. Thanks for giving me a chance to explain. And oh, right now.

Nikki: RIGHT NOW!?? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND, EVANS?

Jerk: Uh, yeah. Right now. Look, I don't wanna spend an entire night up again thinking of how to make you forgive me. Please?

Nikki: Fine. Where?

Jerk: Sweet. Be down by ten :)

Nikki: What do you mean by 'be down by ten'?

Jerk: Hurry up. I'm currently talking to your parents downstairs.

My eyes widened. What the hell?

A knock on the door made me jump and return to the present. I walked towards it and opened.

"Oh, I thought you're already sleeping. Well, Mr. Adam Evans is here. He's currently talking to your parents. Your dad wants you down now." One of our maids said

"Okay, thanks for letting me know. And uh, could you tell Dad that I still need to change?"

"Of course."

"Thanks." I closed the door and prepared. After a quick brush and wash, I slipped into my navy blue Lacostè polo shirt and my pants from earlier then my white Vans again. Before going out of my room, I grabbed some coins and a ten dollar bill and my phone.

As I descended from the stairs, I heard two husky voices, which I think belongs to Adam and to my Dad. As I got nearer to them, they all stopped talking and looked up.

"Dear, Adam's here to fetch you for a group thesis. He already explained everything to us." My mom said. I looked at Adam curiously and he just winked at me.

Damn him and his good looks.

"U-Uh, yeah. Sorry I forgot to tell you."

"It's okay. Just be home before midnight, okay? But if you guys need some time, you can just sleep in their house. I'll just ask Ryan later." My dad said

I just nodded at them before walking to the door with Adam in front of me. We got inside his black Ferrari and drove away.

"U-Uh, I apologize for lying to your parents." He suddenly said as we entered a tunnel.

I kept my eyes focused on the orange lights that light up the tunnel. "It's okay. Good thing you didn't mention the real reason."

After a few minutes of silence, he pulled over beside a Starbucks store and got out, and I did the same. We entered the store and he stopped in front of the counter.

"Good evening, Sir. Welcome to Starbucks! May I get your order?"

"Two Mocha Frappuccino, please."