Promposal XI

"Go easy on me, Harry." Bill said as he positioned himself to bat.

Harry clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Sorry, dude. Today's not your day."

"We'll see about that." Bill smirked.

One out, a runner in second, bottom of the third inning. Craig's team includes Greg, Drew, Frank, Mike, Andre, and Harry who plays as the pitcher of the team. While our team, led by Trev, includes me as their pitcher, Troy, Ray, Bill, Oliver, and Ethan. We decided to just have six innings today, because Trev and I still need to go to school for the rehearsal.

Harry raised up his hands, the baseball warm in his hands, flexed, and released the ball. Bill knew it was coming and stepped his foot down and swung.

"Go Bill!" We all cheered as he ran to the first base.

"Third! Third! We can't make it to first!" Mike, the other team's catcher, said to Frank. Troy is running to third base, but the ball's fast. He decided to slide and reach the base by his foot.

"Safe!"

"Go Troy! I love you!" Bill cheered from the first, and Troy blew him a kiss back. "Love you too, babe." We all chuckled at their exchange.

I stood up, my steel bat clutched in my hand. I adjusted my cap before stepping in the batter's zone and positioning myself.

"Good luck, Nikki." Mike said as he kneeled down. I grinned at him. "Thanks. Not that I need it."

"Modest, are we?" I just grinned at him and positioned myself.

"THAT'S MY GIRL! GO PIG!" I heard Trev cheer from the dugout. That made me smile.

"You're going down, Nikki." Harry pointed a finger at me as he placed the sandbag on the ground.

"Don't hold back."

"I'm not planning to." I grinned at him

He raised his hands up, flexed, and released. It's a fastball, but it's a ball. I didn't swing my bat and just waited for the umpire.

"Ball!"

"MY GIRL'S EYES ARE FROM A TIGER! GO PIG!" Trev cheered again. Then soon, the others did the same.

Harry released the ball, and something's weird with the pitch.

"Curve ball." I mumbled before stepping in and swinging my bat. I popped it up.

"Run, pig, run!"

I started running to first base, and at the corner of my eye, I saw Troy running for home.

"IT'S GONE! IT'S GONE!" I looked up and saw the ball just in time fall in the other side of the wall of the field. I felt myself grin.

Now that's what I call a home run.

×××

"You're all set!" Oliver, our team's catcher, said as he threw me back the ball. I caught it with my mitt and took out the sandbag.

Top of sixth inning, with our team leading. 6-2. Greg's the first one at-bat.

"Mademoiselle." He greeted. "May I?" He gestured to the batter box. I nodded at him and he positioned himself.

"Don't strain yourself, princess. Go easy."

I smirked at him as I hid my sandbag. "Never, Gregory."

Oliver asked me for a fastball. I grinned at him. A fastball always makes the pitcher alive.

I raised up my hands, flexed up my knee, step, and released the ball. Greg didn't swing at it, and it landed firmly in Oliver's mitt.