Promposal V

(Ring ring!)

(Ring ring!)

(Ring ring!)

I groggily stopped my alarm and shrugged the covers off of my body. It took me minutes before completely picking myself up from my bed.

Video chatting with the two last night's a bad decision. Bailey was the first one to fall asleep then soon after that, by 1:30 something, Kaitlyn and I followed her, too. Now, it's just 6:00 in the morning, but I need to get up if I want to not have detention after classes because of tardiness.

After my usual morning routine, I went down for breakfast. As usual, a feast is prepared for me. Me. Not I, my mom and dad. I'm used to eating breakfast without them since I was ten years old. It's either they're out of town, country, or continent. Or maybe they stayed in a hotel.

Feeling not any good, I just prepared some Nutella sandwich and grabbed a Coke Zero in can and made my way to the garage. I prefer eating my breakfast inside my Audi, thank you very much.

After a few minutes, I already arrived at school but stayed a bit to eat my breakfast. And yupp, I drink soda for breakfast. Sshh... I'm a badass ;)

I hopped out of my car as soon as I finish wiping the corners of my mouth with my handkerchief and reapplying my lipstick. Then after that, I went inside the school building.

Since I still have a couple of minutes before my homeroom, I decided to drop by the library first. I pushed open the glass doors and my eyes quickly scanned the area for a ginger-haired gal.

"Hey, Trish!" I waved my hand at her

"Oh, hey, Nikki!" She climbed down the bookshelf ladder and pulled me into a hug.

"So, you're now imitating Spiderman, huh?"

She flushed pink and waved her hands. "God, no! Nikki! I was just looking for something up there."

I looked at her curiously. "Can't you just ask Kyle to get it for you? That's a bit risky for a girl like you, you know."

She huffed and pinched her arm. "Nah. Little Kyle's afraid of heights."

"I heard that, Whiz Trish." I saw Kyle poke his head out from the computer and glared at us.

"Ignore him. He's a brat."

"Hey!"

We both ignored Kyle and sat on the couch just beside the grandfather clock in the library.

"So, how's promparation going, Ms. Prom Queen?" She nudged me on the ribs lightly and chuckled.

"Good, I guess. I mean, well, everything's going according to plan."

She frowned at me. "But it seems that you're not happy or ecstatic about prom. But then I'm pretty sure that I heard from Bailey that Adam's your prom date, right?"

Ugh. Adam. The mention of his name made my blood boil again. Why does a guy like him even exist in this world?

"I don't care if he's my date, Trish.  How I wish I already saw that jerk side of him a few months ago. Then I wouldn't have spent my precious time over him. He's just not worth it." I can feel her eyes on me but I just stared at the wall in front of me.

The sound of the chime bells jingle made my head snap to the source of sound, and I quickly regretted it.

"Nikki."

"Adam."

He ran a hand through his hair and smiled at the librarian before walking towards me. I quickly stood up to escape but then it's too late. He's already in front of me, and the sight of him melted and annoyed me.

Damn him and his effects on me.

"I-I think I should go. K-Kyle, come with me, please?" I heard Trish got up from the couch and I grabbed her arm. Right, right, I already look like a desperate bitch, but what can I do? I can't be alone with this guy!

"What for again, Whiz Trish?!" Kyle glared at her before turning to look at me. Then his eyes landed on Adam. He unconsciously stood up.

"Hey, Adam."

"Hey, Kyle. So, uh, can you guys give us a minute?"

I tightened my grip on Trish's arm, mentally telling her to not leave me with him. She gave me a I'm-so-sorry-but-i-think-you-guys-need-to-talk look. She pulled away from me and clinged herself to Kyle and pulled him away.

"Can you come with me, Kyle? I think I heard my name being called from the radio a while ago." Then they both exited the library, leaving me and Adam--well, me, Adam, and the librarian, actually.

"Nikki."

"Adam."

We both called each other's names at the same time and we stared at each other. When he cracked a boyish smile, I can't help but return it.

"So, uh... About what happened yesterday... I just wanna say..." He scratched the back of his neck and puffed out. "Sorry."

"I-I'm sorry that I offered you a ride yesterday and forgot. That was really stupid of me to forget. I know, I know. I'm a jerk. But seriously, I did not intentionally ditched you. I promise."

He looks so sincere and I honestly can't help but consider forgiving him. But there's a voice inside me that says that I still need to hear more from him.

"Look, it's not a big deal to me that you ditched me. To be honest, I kinda figured out that you'll forget me. But do you know what's the big deal? You offered me a ride, jerk. OFFERED. I might forgive you if I'm the one who asked you for a ride, but what the hell?! You're the one who offered me a ride and I'm just a really nice person that I accepted it but ended up being ditched. And I'm sorry for being so nice." I blinked away the tears threatening to spill. I can't show this guy that I'm weak. I can't.

I grabbed my bag from the couch and started to walk away from him. But then my sassy side suddenly gave me a mischievous plan, so I walked back to him, who is still frozen on his position. I tiptoed and placed my lips just beside his ear.

"By the way, I already have a date to prom...

And it's not you."

×××

Nikki's so fierce and it's killing meh! ( × v × )

A reader kept flattering me with her messages and it's too much~

Thank you (you know who you are). And I'm sorry for the filler chapter that I posted before this :( and I'm sorry if I still can't dedicate chapters to those who wants to have :( I don't know how in mobile sorry :"(

You guys know the drill!

Vote, comment, share, recommendddddd!!!

Love you always,

Nicholle