Promposal XIII

"Hurry up, pig!"

I puffed out some air as I tie my hair up in a messy bun. "Geez, big. Don't get too excited." After I successfully folded the ends of my pants, I pushed the door open with too much force, then as I expected, he groaned.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" I kneeled down beside him. He's on the floor, sitting, and his hands both on his head.

"Easy, girl. Don't get all Wonder Woman on me. I'm not Superman. I'm just Batman. Weak and powerless."

I smacked him on the head and stood up and faced the mirror in front of me. I heard him groan in pain again before he stood up beside me.

"Did I hit a nerve?" He grinned at me. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Bruce Wayne's not weak. And yeah, he may be powerless, but even so, at least he does his best to save the city. For him, a hero doesn't need to have powers to make a difference and save the world." I defended, crossing my arms over my chest. He let out a low whistle.

"Fine, okay, okay. You win. I'll shut up." He raised his hands up in the air, admitting defeat. That made me grin.

"Take a look at our shirts, we look adorable!" He gestured to our reflections, and yes, we do look great. Trev's choice of words throws me off.

"Don't use sappy words, Trev." He just waved me off and flexed his muscles.

We're currently in Pacific Mall, specifically in the department store. He pulled me to a dressing room, and then threw me a shirt and told me to get changed, and then by himself, he entered one cubicle, too. I just shrugged it off and changed.

My shirt is the color of yellow, and there's a big question mark (?) in the middle of it in a pink print. While Trev's shirt is pink, and instead of a question mark, it has a big punctuation mark (!) in yellow.

"I didn't know that you have a thing for couple shirts." I said and smiled at him. In return, I received a glare from him but I just blew him a kiss.

"But really, it's cute. Thanks, big."

He flashed me a boyish smile before saying, "The pleasure is mine, pig."

When we reached his car, we got in and drove away. The dance rehearsal is starting in fifteen minutes.

"Hey, you okay?" I turned to look at him. He glanced at me before turning his gaze again to the road.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm great. W-Why did you ask?" He shrugged then we continued to travel in silence.

"When the days are cold

And the cards all folded

And the saints we see are all made of gold..."

I fished out my phone from my bag, and the screen says the caller's Bailey. God. Bailey. I haven't heard from her since yesterday. I automatically hit the green button and places it on speaker.

"Bailey?"

"Nikki! Where are you?"

"I'm on my way to school. Are you there yet?"

"YOU'RE DRIVING?! YOU SHOULD'NT HAVE ANSWERED MY CALL IF YOU'RE DRIVING!"

"Geez, I'll hang up."

"No, no! Bailey!"

"Why?" She asked from the other line. I glanced at Trev, who has a smile on his face, probably amused by our conversation.

"It's fine. I'm not driving. I'm riding with Trev."