Promposal III

"Wow, Justin. I never took you as a very good speaker."

He smiled at me before stretching his arms up. "It's part of the personality, Nikki. First impressions are not always right."

Well, he has a point there. When I first saw Adam, I thought he's a bad boy. You know, the famous handsome guy who sweeps women off of their feet and dumps them in the trash--well, not literally, of course.

I'm currently here in the radio station room of the campus and decided to stay here. Well, I wasn't really planning to, but Justin forced me to watch him as he takes over a duty hour. He's the one who announces the important events and happenings that will take place on the following days and is also the one who's in charge of the daily sports news in and out of the campus.

I've been waiting for Adam for half an hour already but I don't mind. Actually, I'm even a bit glad and nervous. Glad because he's not here yet and I'm really panicking inside that maybe I'll have a panic attack. And nervous because we'll be in the same car and I don't want the atmosphere to be... Awkward and weird. Get what I mean?

"Aren't you heading out yet?" Phia, Justin's buddy, asked.

Before I could answer, Justin already spoke up. "She's waiting for Adam, P."

She grinned at me. "Looks like something's up. Enlighten me, Nikki!"

I glared venomously at Justin and he just grinned at me. "I-It's nothing, really."

"Oh yeah, but why are you stuttering, then?"

Ugh, this girl got me good. "F-Fine!"

She cracked a smile that reached her ears. "Shoot. We've got plenty of time."

"Dear Lord, don't tell me you'll force me to wait until the two of you finish chit-chatting." Justin spoke up, massaging his temples. Whenever Phia and I stay up here in the radio room, we always force Justin to wait for us till we finish. Then he would complain about being our slave.

"Nope. You can go now and resume your Supernatural session."

"You watch Supernatural!?" I turned to Justin with widened eyes and my mouth hanging open.

"When I told him about Supernatural, he liked it and borrowed my collection so he could catch up to us. Poor guy. He stays up late just to watch at least six or seven episodes before sleeping." Phia elaborated, giving Justin a sympathetic smile.

"C-Cut it out! Fine! Lock this up yourselves!" We watched him as he grabbed his jacket from the desk and his bag from the couch and stormed off, banging the door close in process. We both laughed at that after a few seconds.

"Oohhh, so you're crushing on the basketball captain... Interesting!" She said as she locked up the radio room. It's already 6:38, and still, Adam's nowhere to be found. I don't mind, actually. Seeing as the two of us aren't friends. But because he's the one who offered me a ride, it did sting a little.

"It does seem a bit interesting for others, but for me, it seems awkward. When I first realized this silly crush, whenever he's around, the atmosphere gets awkward and weird."

"You can't do anything about that. He's a family friend, so it's totally normal to feel that way." She shrugged as we continued to walk down the hall.

We arrived at the school parking lot and got to our respective cars. As I was about to slide in to my car, she piped up.

"Hey, aren't you going to wait for Adam? I thought he'll give you a ride, huh?"

Yeah, right. Adam. The mention of his name made my blood boil a little. How dare he. He'll offer me a ride to our family dinner after class then he ditches me?! Oh no. Even if he's a sight to watch all day, he's not getting away with this.

I shrugged and looked away. "If he realizes that he just ditched me even if it's intentional or not, then I guess it's his conscience now, right? Guys like him aren't worth drooling for."

She looked at me with wide eyes. "See you tomorrow, P!" Then I slid in to my white Audi R8 and revved up my engine, the sound springing me up to life. I took off, leaving dust particles and a gawking Phia.

Good thing, my mom sent me the address of the hotel where we'll have dinner, and I arrived there in just eight minutes. Before going out of the car, I managed to change into my spaghetti-strap floral dress and nude pumps that I keep in my car in case I need to change. I applied a little make-up and was ready to go.

"Good evening, Ms. Thompson. Your family's waiting for you." The woman in the front desk said then she showed me to the restaurant of the hotel. Once the glass doors opened, I caught sight of them. Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Evans, and Adam. I gritted my teeth at the sight of him, but regained my composure. I thanked the woman before finally walking towards them.

"Good evening, Mom, Dad. Sorry I'm late." I gave each of them a peck on the cheek before sitting across Adam. I can feel his stare boring a hole on my face but I didn't meet his gaze. I perfectly know that if ever I lock gazes with him, it'll be the end of my brave and vicious front.

"Where have you been? We called Kaitlyn and Bailey a while ago and asked them about your whereabouts. But it seems that you're not with them." Dad said in an authoritive tone. His eyes are cold as snow, it makes me frozen on my seat.

"Just went out with some friends to the mall. I was supposed to be getting a ride here, but I guess he forgot." I intentionally emphasized and stressed the word ride, and glanced at him. He's looking at me with guilt in his eyes, mixing well to his gray eyes.

"You look lovely tonight, Nikki. I'm quite surprised to see you all dressed up tonight." Mrs. Evans chimed in

"Why, thank you, Mrs. Evans. I can say the same to you. Except the surprised part, though."

×××

"So, Nikki, do you already have a date to prom? Guys must have been swooning over you, right?" Mr. Evans started another topic as we waited for the food bill. We have a delicious feast, and everything went by smoothly.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. Of all things, why does it have to be prom and my date? I looked at my parents nervously.

"I..." I sighed. "I d-dont have a date y-yet."

"That's good! I mean, that's bad but also good because that means that you'll be Adam's date. Right, Adam?" Mr. Evans excitedly said

I looked at him with wide eyes, my mouth hanging open.

Oh no. This is not good.

×××

Third chappy! Whoop whoop! Yeyy!

Nikki has gotten a bit fierce here, and I like it! She's like a good girl gone bad and it's AWESOME!!! \ ( ° O ° ) /

Anyways, I think this story needs more readers so please do RECOMMENDDDDDD and SHAREEEEEEE!!! it really means a lot to me, I swear! :D

Don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts, share, and recommendddddd!!!

P.S. Zac Efron as Adam Evans! Check it out!

With all my love,

Nicholle