Don't lose your head- ...too late (6)

{I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!} 

TW ⚠️This chapter contains the mandatory panic attack scene in this genre of story. I am sorry. 

Nico felt his heart pound in his chest as he ducked behind one of the many stalagmites that littered the cave floor. Nico honestly had no clue how he had gotten into the Batcave, the literal Batcave. Yet, here he was.

Nico peaked out from behind the stalagmite to see that Dick had gone back to looking at the screen that was projecting his DNA. Nico had never actually seen DNA before, but even Nico could tell that there was something off. It didn't look symmetrical. (Nico didn't know why he thought DNA was supposed to be symmetrical, but it seemed about right.)

This is really bad.

Nico could hear them discussing his possible past and getting to Long Island and poking around.

Oh gods. This is really bad.

Nico didn't know what he was going to do. Once Nico had figured out the connection between his adoptive 'family' and the heroes he kept running into, he had done some research. (There were stacks of newspapers telling about the heroes and the fights with various villains that Nico had found in the Manor Library.) And Nico quickly figured out that he was living with several of the world's greatest detectives. And having the world's greatest detectives investigating a hidden camp full of demigods, which was supposed to stay very hidden, was not very good. They were definitely going to find something.

Nico hoped the mist would hold up, but he wasn't sure. The Waynes seemed like they would be able to see through the mist. Nico needed to warm Chiron. But Nico was also aware that he needed to be ten times more careful than he already was when he was around the Waynes. Nico technically didn't know if wasn't allowed to tell anyone who he was or let them figure it out. But Nico wasn't about to test the gods or any other magical being that could manage to ruin his life.

Nico was about to step into the many shadows in the Batcave and shadow travel away when the words, Young Justice, caught his attention.

"Are you sure father?" Damian asked, frowning. "Are we certain that Nico would be alright with being made to join a team of you heroes?" Nico blinked; he hadn't found a reference to 'Young Justice' in any of the newspapers he (struggled to) read. It must've been relatively new.

"Yes, if Nico does have powers, or if he gains any powers, it would be best if he was around other kids like him." Nico had to force himself not to scoff at Bruce's words. Nico had tried to be around other kids 'like him', he really had. But the kids at camp didn't want to be around him, she he left. Nico didn't really want to relive that with another group of super-powered people, whether they were his age or not.

"He clearly has some sort of healing factor," Dick said again. Nico blinked. Healing factor? Nico had no clue what they were talking about until he put together the timeline of events. Are they talking about me drinking nectar?

"How would we even tell if Nico manifested powers already? Aside from his healing factor." Tim mused; his eyes fixed on the screen. "He's so secretive already and I doubt he would tell us willingly." Bruce sighed, even from far away Nico could see the worry lines on his face.

"We will just have to be on the lookout for any form of powers, especially since, if Nico did gain his abilities through experimentation, there is most likely a lot of trauma associated with them." Nico fought down another scoff. Sure, he was traumatized. But Nico was pretty sure being forced to fight in two wars, seeing people die all around him and nearly dying himself more times than he could count played more of a role in his trauma than his powers did.