The Big Reveal Part 2(Camp Edition) (35)

"What is this?" Nico asked.

The moment he and Leo had stepped out of the shadows and into camp Half-Blood they were surrounded by their friends.

"An intervention." Percy stepped forward, his arm crossed over his chest, which would have looked intimidating if he didn't have blue frosting on the corner of his mouth.

"Of what?" Nico slowly set the bag holding his suit down on the grass, looking at everyone while he did.

Nobody was missing. Annabeth and Percy were standing together, no surprise there. Piper, Jason and... Will was all standing off to the side, scowling. Hazel and Frank were holding hands, looking at Nico with Concern. Even Reyna was there. Which surprised him.

"We want to know what is going on. And why you and Leo are constantly with each other and literally no one else." Will explained with a sigh.

"Chiron set up a 'meeting' room in the Big House. Come on." Annabeth moved aside, lightly putting her hand on Nico and Leo's shoulders, pushing them forward and towards the bright blue ranch house.

"And you two have a lot of explaining to do." Piper's scowl deepened as she glared at her best friend.

"Hazel also knows!" Leo squeaked, hastily grabbing the bag, and sprinting to hide behind Nico.

"Leo!" Hazel gasped. Everyone turned to look at her and she shifted awkwardly. "And I don't know much about it. I just know... why he's not staying at camp and has a suit of armor." She grabbed Frank's arm and walked after Leo.

Annabeth looked like she wanted to facepalm. And Nico couldn't blame her.

"Welcome in. Mr. D is grabbing some... lemonade." Chiron opened the bright blue door, his hooves clopping on the hardwood floors.

Nico suddenly remembered that he was supposed to ask Chiron for his phone number to give to Bruce. Gods, that talk had been so long ago.

"Thank you, Chiron." All of them chorused, crowding around the pool table. A counselor meeting had clearly been held recently; the cheese whiz was still sitting in the middle of the table.

"So. Start spilling your deepest darkest secrets Death Breath," Leo said, casually kicking his feet up, like he hadn't just made Nico scrape the melted rubber of the mallet off the alley floor with his sword while he watched.

"You're not off the hook either, Repair Boy." Piper fiddled with Katoptris, staring Leo dead in the eyes.

"But Beauty Queen!" Leo whined, leaning his head onto the green part of the table. Nico rolled his eyes. Leo and him might be friends but that didn't make Leo any less annoying.

"Might as well get it over with." Nico sighed, shifting to get himself extra comfortable in his seat. This was going to be a long talk.

"That would be smart of you." Reyna's metal-tipped boots clanked as she crossed her legs.

"Where do you want me to start?" Nico asked. He felt a very strong sense of Deja Vu. And he had no hope for this conversation going better than any of his talks with the Waynes.

"How about why you're staying in Gotham for so long? Why did you even go there in the first place?" Jason offered, glancing around the table and then back to Nico when no one suggested anything different.

Nico took a deep breath, glad there was no oath or anything else that was keeping him from telling them everything. Nothing except for himself, of course.

"Well, I was just going on a quick McDonalds run when I was pulled off my shadow-traveling course by-"

"You were shadow traveling again! Nico! You know how dangerous that is for you!" Will interrupted. Nico rolled his eyes and shared a 'dude' look with Hazel. He was not in the mood to explain the entire 'two in one blessing and punishment' package his father had given him again.