Chapter 1

It's for Charlie, do it for him. Over and over it swirls in Estella's head.

After being helplessly trapped at Higgs while Charlie was dealing with everything last year, Estella made a promise to herself that she would never feel that helpless again. She just couldn't. Hence why she was going to Truham this year.

The warm sunlight seeps its way into Estella's room. Usually it would've woken her up but she was already awake. It could be from anxiety, stress, or just her insomnia but for whatever reason Estella got 3 hours of sleep that night.

Pulling herself out of her squeaky warm bed, Estella made her way to her mother's room. Thankfully she was already gone. If there's one thing that can throw off an entire day it's her mum.

After a quick shower and changing into her uniform, Estella face timed Charlie. The duo had been best friends, since primary school when Charlie had fallen dramatically off the monkey bars and Estella had a Spider-Man bandaid at the ready. She was a prepared child and he was rather clumsy. Along with that, they also shared the same birthday: April 27th. Which of course meant that it was meant to be.

Charlie picks up just as Estella finishes doing her hair. "Stella are you okay? You look fucking exhausted." He grimaces at the wording, "You know what I mean."

"Well good morning to you too asshole. I'm fine, just didn't sleep well. Anyways how do you feel about today?"

"I'll be fine. I have you, Tao and Isaac. Now how do you feel about going to an all boys school?" He smirks knowingly.

Estella rolls her eyes, taking a bite of the last strawberry. "I'm not scared if that's what you're asking. Now get something to eat, we need to head to the bus."

Charlie nods and hangs up, while Estella gathers all her school supplies. Pluto waits by the door and her heart breaks. She kneels down as he comes trotting over. The sweetest dog and everyone fears him. Pluto had only been two years old when 10 year old Estella and Charlie walked into the pound and she immediately chose him.

"Bye love. I'll take you out on a walk when I get home, promise." She says giving Pluto a kiss and a pet before heading across the street to Charlie's house.

Olly comes running towards her, only seconds after ringing the doorbell. "ELLIEE did ya know that I get to go to school too?!"

"I do! Me and Char are gonna walk you to your class today." She giggles as they spin around. Estella sets him down gently and he goes running, looking for his bag.

"Charlie we need to get going if we're gonna make our bus!" Estella calls out, grabbing an apple for him.

"Coming!" Charlie swings his teal bag over his shoulders as he heads downstairs. Tori follows silently, filling up her glass with juice. They all greet each other and head towards the bus station. Estella gives Olly a piggy back ride, with her backpack on her front. After many tears, Charlie and Estella finally drop Olly off at school.

"Are you meeting up with you know who today?" Estella asks fiddling with her necklaces. She did not at all approve of Ben but despite her strong dislike towards him, she had sworn to keep it a secret. Ben had been one of Estella's best friends until 6th grade when he completely changed. Estella tries to be happy for Charlie. She really does, she just doesn't want him to get hurt, like she had.

Charlie blushes and looks at his phone. "Yeah we're meeting before Form. He said he can't wait to see me. Anyone caught your eye?"

She rolls her eyes and lightly shoves him, "I barely even stepped inside and now you're asking about partners? I highly doubt I'll find the love of my life at Truham."