Chapter 13

messages

Tao 😒, Estella 😒

Estella 😒
Tao I'm really sorry, are you okay??
Can we please talk? I'm sorry
I didn't mean to ruin everything

(Seen 3hr ago)

(end of messages)

Tao despises Estella, she's absolutely sure of that. There was no way he couldn't, she's been an incredibly shitty friend.

Charlie had taken Tao's side as always. No matter what Estella had done, Charlie always took Tao's side.

Which in all fairness she probably deserved it. Estella was a screw up, a ticking time bomb.

Nevertheless it still felt like smoke suffocating her. Making its way into her lungs and dropping like a weight. Slowly getting harder and harder to breath.

She had no one. Tao, Elle, Charlie and Isaac would always stick together, which she guessed was understandable. Estella Claire Walter knew she was undeserving of love or friendship.

There was no way for her to tell Nick any of this. She was already ruining his life.

Maybe she did just ruin people's lives. Maybe it would be better if she didn't exist...

So there she sat, alone once again, Pluto whining at her aggressive guitar playing. Estella played for hours, it was the only way for the thoughts to stop.

She didn't realize how aggressive she was playing until she felt that familiar warm, red liquid drip down the guitar.

The cuts on her fingers had reopened, but it felt intoxicatingly good.

...

Estella felt as if she were hollow the next day at school. Nothing but a shell of herself.

So when she walked into English class, knowing that she shared it with Charlie, Isaac and Tao she just kept her headphones on.

They practically shunned her, well at least Tao and Charlie did. Isaac gave her a quick smile as she sat down.

The teacher surprisingly didn't have anything to say about her headphones. Maybe it was the bags under her eyes or she just felt bad for Estella. Nevertheless they had a reading day and she was allowed to keep her headphones on, blasting Maisie Peters.

The only reason her headphones were taken off was because the teacher was explaining sports day. Apparently she had to sign up for an event. Last year, they all had done Javelin, but with the way Tao wasn't looking her in the eyes told her that wasn't going to happen this year.

...

Estella wouldn't have realized that she'd walked right past Nick unless he gently grabbed her wrist.

"Hey." He scratches the back of his neck, nervously.
The purple bruise on his face makes Estella feel even worse, if possible.

"Hey."

Nick smiles at her quiet response. "Did you want to get lunch together?"

"Um- I can't. Sorry." She quickly turns on her heel, leaving Nick wondering what he'd done wrong.

...

Nick rather nervously approached Tao who was sitting outside alone. Charlie with Ezra and Isaac at the library. He placed his lunch down before sitting across from Tao.