Chapter 2

It'll be fine, Estella tells herself she's dealt with worse. Totally and completely fine. She shouldn't be complaining anyway, Charlie went through worse, whatever went on with mother and Bill was justified. They had reasons to hate her. At least that's what they told Estella.

The morning came around slowly as it always did. Her mum and Bill were gone this morning, so there wasn't anything to worry about. The same old same old, getting dressed. Being careful of her black and blue stomach.

Next came tackling the bruise on her face. You could still sort of see it through the concealer but it was the best Estella could do for today.

After a miserable bus ride, Estella walked into form, trying not to grimace at the pain in her black and blue side.

"Hi." Nick whispered with a soft smile. His brown eyes perfectly hit by the sun.

"Hi." She echoed, her hair falling out of its braid. Nick turns back to his homework, fiddling with his fountain pen.

"Shit." He mumbled under his breath, as Estella turned to him confused as to why she felt liquid splash on her face.

His pen had exploded blue ink all over the table, Nicks hands as well as Estella's shirt and face.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen. You don't have any tissues do you?" He says sheepishly. Estella shook her head as the teacher came over to their table.

"Oh dear, Nick you'd better go clean up in the bathroom. Estella will you please go with Nick and open the doors for him? Maybe get some of the ink off your face too?"

The walk to the men's room was silent, Nick incredibly embarrassed that he had gotten ink everywhere, especially on a pretty girl. Estella was just wondering if she would be able to get the ink off.

"Sorry about this... I really didn't mean to get ink on your face and clothes." Nick says with a sheepish smile as Estella opened the door out of the classroom for him.

"It's fine really. Hopefully I'll miss some of first period." Estella says with a shy smile.

Nick starts to fidget with his now blue hands as he asks,"What class do you have?"

"I have art! Its kind of difficult to be honest, my teacher expects a lot. So... how did your pen explode?"

"Well it's a fountain pen. They- uh do that sometimes I guess."

As Estella opens the bathroom door for the both of them she asks, "Aren't fountain pens really hard to write with?"

"Yeah but it makes my handwriting look nice."
They both head towards the sinks, side by side. Nick starts to scrub his hands as Estella washes off her face, completely forgetting about her makeup covering a certain bruise.

"It's not coming off!" Nick cries out in frustration. Estellas eyes widen in panic as she grabs a paper towel.

"What do you mean not coming off?! We're gonna be blue forever?" She looks back into the mirror, just then realizing that all her concealer had gotten washed off.

Nick turns to Estella, holding up his hands. "It looks like I'm wearing blue gloves!" His eyes widen when he catches a glimpse of a bruise on her face, "What happened? Why do you have a bruise on your face?"