Prologue

On that dark rainy night, the clouds were pouring themselves out like they were mourning and wailing over something. The thunder that struck was referring to the angry universe. They witnessed what was happening there, the day on which many lives were changed and were never the same.

Nights are meant to be the secret keepers, embracing the secrets in the darkness and wrapping them in its cloak, a night hides vulnerabilities, pain, stories, emotions and masks the situations from which people find solace. This is exactly what that rainy October night did. Changed lives forever.

His day was going beautifully well, filled with love and happiness all around until that time he heard nothing and everything was quite just a little voice. He woke up gasping and body full of sweat, panting heavily and limbs shaking. Even in that scorching June heat he was shivering like an autumn leaf. He turned that blaring alarm clock off and gulped the glass filled with water in one go. He had it again, the dream that kept haunting him ever since he remembers.

                 ******************

She was the butterfly that filled colours in lives of others effortlessly. Flying over bringing smiles and laughters around. This was the quality she loved even about herself. The people she loves are what matters most to her, that's what brings her peace but that piece will be swooshed away like dust she never thought about it.

An event that shook her and the lives were never the same ever since. Nothing was heard. Just a little voice.

                  ******************

"You know what, just go to hell!"

She yelled eyes filled up with tears and fists clenched, nails digging into her palms.

"I won't go there alone melody, I'll take you with myself"

He said with a smirk, arms crossed over his chest.

               ********************

Everyone was happy for her, this was the moment she's been waiting for but the happiness she was expecting to experience wasn't there.

Something was missing just like the last piece of jigsaw puzzle lost somewhere unable to be found.

              *********************

He had plans, all set up for the future with the only person he loves. But god had other plans for him.

His life was set for a wreckage, just like a ship caught in a sea storm. But who knows there will be person who'll be the shore to his ship.

                 *******************

"I love you", she said.

"Thanks for loving me but I don't"

This shattered her, and she wasn't sure she'll ever be the same again.

                ********************

He was happy now. All his life he lacked happiness now he got it. He just worries that it'll vanish in thin air. He didn't wanted to do this but ended up doing it.

              *********************

They lost it. The thing that was gluing them together was no more.

               ********************

A slap on his cheek is what brought him to his senses. He fucked up. He ruined what ever was between them. But he had to.

                *******************

"Kuch mulaqatein he insaan ki Zindagi Ka ansar hoti hein"

"Par hamari mulaqat aik ghalti k siwa Kuch nhi thi, and it's time you understand this"

               *******************

She now loves life, she wants to live it for people she loves for people who love her that's her sole purpose now. No more sorrows no more pain. She's ambitious all set for the goal.

                *******************

"Just look at you, poori ki poori bin batauri lag rahi ho"

"Apne baare mein kia khayal hy tumhara zaqoota jin k nawaase"

             *********************

She laughed and his world stopped.

             *********************

"Maa?"

He hummed, his head on her lap and her fingers running through his hair"

"G maa ki jaan"

"Will she agree?"

He asked curious like a 3 year old.

"Insha Allah"

She just said, she didn't want to get her son's hopes up.

                 *****************

All his hopes crashed seeing her lifeless body.

"I'm sorry"

He just heard and nothing else.

                *******************

She was driving with a soothing melody playing through her car's speakers and was humming the song. Unaware of the fact that the call was still ongoing.

             *********************

They were too close. Breaths mingling, eyes shut, hearts beating fast, pulse drumming in the ears and sweat forming on their skins. The proximity getting on their nerves.

             *********************

They didn't know what was coming for them.

                 ******************

"We'll give you six months to prove yourself otherwise you'll have to do what I say. Is that clear?"

She just rolled her eyes.

                 ******************

"Congratulations you've earned it"

And his eyes sparkled.

               *******************

They were giving her a reality check that she didn't wanted to hear. But it was the truth whether she accepts it or not.

             ********************

"I failed", she said sobbing, hugging her knees closer to her chest.

The walls were witnessing their inhabitant broke down, again.

           **********************