Chapter 8

Umeed went near the elevator and before she can press the button Farjaad reached ahead and pressed the button making Umeed's eyes looking at him and the previous anger came back.
She thought, 'What does he think of himself. Har jaga hero banne lag jaata hy churail kahein ka'

Farjaad was enjoying taking expressions out of her and after pressing the button he pulled back and looked at her before passing her a smirk again which irked Umeed again. She was now flaring with anger so she said,

"I'll go by the stairs. Thankyou."

And before he could respond she was moving towards the staircase and the elevator opened. Farjaad looked at the elevator and then back to Umeed shaking his head he went inside and pressed the button to the eighth floor where the office was situated.

Climbing up the stairs Umeed huffed. She has now reached the fourth floor but her feet and legs gave up.

"Pata nhi kya samajhta hy khud ko. Or mein bhi kitni bewaqoof hun boht josh chara hua tha na seerhian charhne ka ab paon dukh rahe hein."

She was tired and decided to take the elevator for the remaining floors. Going towards it she pressed the button and when the doors opened she mentally groaned.

'Not again!'

Farjaad looking at her tried hard to control his laughter but this time he didn't showed any amusement or frankness in his body language. He looked at her like he doesn't care whether she's taking the elevator or the stairs. He walked to the corner of the elevator and Umeed stood near the door.

Looking at her he thought

'Wese dekhne mein itni buri bhi nhi hy. Haan agar ghussa thora kare to kya he baat ho.'

Meanwhile, Umeed looked at him with the corner of her eyes. He was standing with his back resting on the elevator wall, arms crossed around his chest and legs crossed at ankles. She thought

'Khare hone ka posture to dekho iska. Samajhta hy kisi film ka hero hy balke ye to churail hy poori churail.'

And she mentally rolled her eyes. Her thoughts were interrupted by the elevator coming to a hault. She immediately looked upward noticing that it's not moving anymore. Her eyes widened and she moved towards the button pad of the elevator and started pressing every button she could think of. Farjaad who now moved behind her said

"Let me check."

She looked at him and moved aside. He was now checking the buttons but then backed off and looked at her before saying.

"It stopped. No current."

Panick was visible on her face she said.

"To ab kya hoga? Kuch karein na."

He looked at her and said.

"Miss Umeed mein electrician nhi hun songwriter hun. Let me call Ubaid and ask him to do something."

She just nodded at him and moved back towards the railing. Farjaad took out his phone from his pocket and looked at it, there was not a single bar of the signals.
He looked at Umeed who was already looking at him with questioning gaze. She asked.

"Kya hua?"

He shook his head and said.

"Signal nhi aa rahe. Check your phone. Maybe aap k aa rahe hon."

She agreed and opened her purse to look for her phone but the blood drained from her face and she looked back at Farjaad, she spoke.

"Mera phone gaari mein reh gaya hy. Ab kya hoga."