Chapter 7

Both of them looked at each other and then rolled their eyes. Meanwhile, Ubaid was constantly looking to and fro wondering what actually is going on with these two people in his office. Deciding to be the ice breaker, he said.

"Acha bus bus bus stop it you both mere paas boht saare kaam hein and I can't handle another problem here. So whatever beef you both have with each other which I know won't be that severe, I humbly ask you k apna tashreef ka tokra le k betho yahan. Kaam ki baat karlein? Please"

He said and asked both of them to have a seat. Glancing at each other once again they sat on their respective chairs and then Ubaid spoke again.

"Chae ya coffee?"

"Chae", Farjaad said.

"Coffee", it was Umeed.

"Ook, two coffees and a chae"

Ubaid asked someone to bring the beverage via the intercom and then turned his attention towards both of them again who were looking at him. He said,

"Ok so both of them introduce yourself to each other. I don't want work to get affected so hurry up."

Listening to him and sighing Farjaad turned towards Umeed and said

"Assalamu alaikum mein Farjaad Khan. A songwriter and composer. Also sing sometimes. 4 saal sy UK mein reh raha tha just came back."

With that he stretched his hand out for a handshake, looking at his outstretched hand Umeed thought for a moment before putting hers in his awaiting one before saying.

"Walaikum asalam mein Umeed Pasha. An aspiring singer."

He smiled at her and they shook hands after that Ubaid told Umeed about how Farjaad kept writing songs but never revealed who he was and listening to this Umeed realised that he's the one whose songs she has her playlist filled with. She was impressed by what he has achieved at this stage but she didn't showed it on her face. She was still angry at their earlier face off. But trying to concentrate on work she shook her earlier feelings off and listened to Farjaad briefing them about his ideas and thoughts. Umeed participated in the conversation actively already liking Farjaad's purposes and mottos. Their conversation was going on in the meantime Ubaid got a call and he excused himself asking both of them to continue. After some time Farjaad spoke

"So aap ko coffee pasand hy. Isi liay itni karwi kaseeli hein."

Umeed saw red. How dare he take a jab on her preferences. Giving him a mocking smile she said.

"G bilkul or yehi karwi kaseeli coffee abhi aap k uper daal k mein aap ki extra frankness ko baha bhi sakti hun"

His eyes widened. He covered up quickly.

"Woah woah woah madam calm down aap to jangli billion ki tarah jhapatt he parti hein. I was trying to lessen the awkwardness."

Umeed replied

"Dekhein I'm not like other people. I'm a very serious person so please don't try. Thankyou."

And with that she got up and picked her purse before getting out of the office marching towards the elevator mumbling to herself.

"Pata nhi samajhta kya hy khud ko. Aaya bara. Free to aise ho raha hy jese mein isko 20 saal sy jaanti hun."

She pressed the button of the elevator and waited for it while muttering.

"Karwi kaseeli ka kuch lagta khud to kaali syah shirt mein apne aap ko hero samajh raha tha or soch raha tha mujh sy free hojae ga. In your dreams Farjaad Khan in your wildest dreams."