Chapter 6

It was a lovely morning. The rain yesterday made Islamabad more beautiful than it already was. The Margalla Hills were appearing more green and fresh. Everything seemed to have a new life. The atmosphere was serene and calming. People starting their week with a new enthusiasm and spirit.

Meanwhile, Farjaad got up and started to get ready for the day. He had a meeting with his manager Ubaid who'll introduce him to a female singer with whom he's gonna collaborate regarding his upcoming project. This project means a lot to him as it'll be the first one since he's back home and furthermore it'll be the one by which he'll introduce him to the world as the singer and songwriter Farjaad Khan.

He wore a black dress shirt and black jeans. Combed his hair in a messy hairstyle and kept the first two buttons of the shirt open. He looked like a male lead of a fictional world. Wearing his smart watch and spraying some of his favourite perfume he went downstairs in the lounge. Then back to the kitchen to have the breakfast he ordered and then wore his white sneakers. Picking up his car keys he went to the garage, starting his car after opening the gate and glancing at the window of the balcony of the house across he went back and drove the car to the office.

************************************

Umeed's alarm went off and she woke up seeing Mehmal not present in the bed she went to get her clothes from the closet and than in the bathroom to take a shower and get done with her morning routine. Coming out of the shower she was drying her wet hair with the towel when Mehmal entered the room with a tray with two cups of coffee in it.

"Good morning my little sparrow"

She said and smiled at Umeed who reciprocated the smile. Umeed was sitting on the bed while Mehmal came and put the coffee tray on the side table before sitting beside her. Umeed looked at her and said

"I have to tell you something"

"Hmm" , Mehmal spoke while scrolling through her phone half her attention towards Umeed.

"Oye Mahi idhar dekho meri taraf tab bataun gi"

She than snatched the phone from her and put it on the other side of her. Mahi's attention was now on her.

"Han bolo ab"

"Woh na" she said her forefingers nervously tapping against each other.

"Yar Umeed ab bolo bhi kya hua hy mujhe pata hy ye jo tum apni unglion sy kar rhi ho na ye sirf tum tab he karti ho jab tum nervous ho. Ab batao kya masla hy"

Umeed looked at her fingers and then she realised that really she was tapping them. She then held Mahi's hands in hers and said

"Ubaid hy na, company ka manager."

"Han woh handsome sa larka, kya hua use" 

"He texted me to come to the company today as he have someone for me to meet and he said k 10 baje sharp pohanch jana and I'm sure it's important warna woh itna strictly time ka nhi bolta."

And than she smiled her happy smile. Meanwhile Mehmal took some time to process it and than screamed standing up and pulling Umeed with her and twirling her around.

"Oh my god iska matlab k he had a song for you to sing. Oh my god Umeeeeeeed this is so huge. I'm so happy and so proud of you. Oh Allah g thank you thank you so so so much"

And then she hugged her tears of happiness in their eyes. Just than Behram came running upstairs just gotten up from sleep his feet without any slipper and hair a total mess.

"K-kya hua hy. Mahi kion cheekhi tum? Sub theek hy na Umeed tum theek ho na. Tum donon ro kion rahe ho han batao mujhe yar!"

He was panting heavily and was worried about them. Mahi said