Chapter 14

It's Monday morning, my first day back at the office.

I walk into the bullpen to see most of the team gathered around my desk. I spent another night at Hotch's because I was there when Jack came home. He wanted to go to the playground and play. So we went to the park and I chased him around the playground and through the jungle gym, multiple times. There are some advantages to being 5'4. for example I can fit in small spaces. Like the tunnels in the jungle gym. Hotch said him and Jack had something to do before he dropped him off at school.

I creep up behind them and cross my arms. "You know it's hard to get to my desk when it's being cornered." I say and they turn quickly. "You're back!" Penelope says throwing her arms around me in a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so happy you're okay and you're back and if you need anything at all you know where I am." She rambles as I struggle to breath. "Babygirl you need to let her go. She's turning blue." Derek says gently prying her off of me. "Besides I got to get in there." Derek pulls me into a hug as well. "I'm happy you're back." He adds pulling away.

"It's good to have you back." Rossi tells me with a smile and I smile back before looking at Emily. She just pulls me into a hug, holding me for a second as I feel another set of arms wrap around me, JJ. "Let me in there!" Penelope says joining the hug. I look over at Spencer who's standing off to the side and he offers me a smile and I return it but I can tell somethings off.

"How are you feeling?" Rossi asks me. "I'm feeling okay." I tell them truthfully. "I do want to sit at my desk though." I say with a slight chuckle as they move letting me sit down. The boys wander back to their desks but JJ, and Emily only go to their desk long enough to grab their chairs and come back, while Penelope sits on the end of my desk. "Can I help you guys?" I ask looking over at them as smirks grace all of their faces. "We know Hotch picked you and Will up at the bar and when Will got home he went to the sink and scrubbed his eyes." JJ states. "And when Garcia called Hotch on Saturday, he admitted you were there." Emily adds. "I was." I state and Penelope squeals, causing Derek to look over. "You've slept together twice, are you together?" She asks and I think back to what I said to Hotch on Saturday and his response.

"If we're together, you can't profile me Aaron."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Are you together?" Penelope reiterates. "Yes we are." I hear from behind me, feeling a blush creep up on my cheeks and I turn to see Hotch holding a vase of lilies and a few pieces of paper stapled together. He sits the lilies down in front of me and hands the paperwork to me. "I talk to the HR team and filed the necessary paperwork. No transfers required as long as you sign these documents saying we don't allow it to interfere with our jobs." Hotch tells me and I nod.

"Okay, I will have these filled out by lunch." I tell him smiling before he heads up to his office.

"I never got lilies when I got shot." Derek teases and I throw a pencil at him

--

I'm finishing up on my last file before my lunch break. "Do you want sushi?" Emily asks me, trying to figure out where to eat for lunch and I shake my head. "No it does really sound good right now." I tell her. "I might just not eat lunch." I tell her truthfully and she shakes her head. "You have be hungry for something." She tells me and I shrug. "I guess burgers and fries?" I suggest. Emily looks over at JJ getting her attention. "Do you want a cheeseburger?" She asks and JJ nods. "A burger sounds good." JJ says turning back to her paperwork.

"Excuse me?" I hear familiar female voice ask and turn to see Beth. "Betty right?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "No, it's Beth. Is Agent Hotchner in his office?" She asks me and I fake smile, grabbing the mostly filled out paperwork I promised to give Hotch by lunch.

"I actually have to go up there and deliver something to him. I'll walk with you." I tell her looking over at Emily who's watching us intently. "I will give you the money for lunch when I come back." I state and she nods with a proud smile on her face.

"Do your thing, I'm not too worried." She tells me and I nod standing up, and straightening my suit jacket before turning to Beth. "Shall we?" I ask gesturing for her to lead the way. She does, proudly swaying her hips as we make our way up to Hotch's office. "Second time visiting him at work, it must be getting serious." I lie and she nods. "I'm sorry, you saw that last time. He just can't keep his hands off of me." She says with an 'as a matter of fact' tone to her voice.

Her imaginary version of Hotch isn't the only one who wants to put their hands on her. For different reasons I'm sure.

We get to the door and she knocks as a faint 'come in' can be heard. She enters the room, I stay back and I can hear Hotch sigh. "Beth, I've told you three times I'm seeing someone. You can't keep coming by my work." He tells her. "What's so special about this girl, I can't give you?" She asks him in a flirty tone. "I love her, my son loves her, I'm sure my Mother would if she was still here, and she's everything I've ever looked for in a woman. I've loved her for years and you are not going to ruin it. You need to leave now!" He tells her sternly, my cue to walk in.

"Hey Hotch." I start, walking over to his desk. "Prentiss is ordering lunch. We decided on burgers and I brought you those papers for HR I promised." I say leaning over his desk, laying the file down in front of him. He visibly gulps as his eyes land on my chest and I see them darken with lust. He regains his composure, clearing his throat before speaking. "Thank you Lauren." He says looking down at the paperwork. "My pleasure, sir." I say with a sweet smile as his eyes shoot up to mine, giving me a warning look as I smirk. "Before I leave can you make sure I didn't miss anything?" I ask and he nods looking through the paperwork.

"I'm sure you double checked your work." Beth states in an annoyed tone. "You missed a couple signatures on the last page." Hotch states and I look at him with a smirk, my back still turned to Beth.

"Really? I'll finish filling it out real quick. I just need a pen." I say walking over to his side of the desk and lean over him grabbing a pen from the little cup on his desk as my chest brushes against his. He sucks in a deep breath. I sign the paperwork as I feel Hotch's gaze drift to my chest again.

"Does everything look okay, Hotch?" I ask and he nods. "Everything looks perfect." He says looking up at me with a smile. "I will be in the bullpen if you need me." I say and lean down kissing him. I feel his hand cup my cheek as I pull away, biting my lip. "I figured that was okay since the paperwork was signed." I tell him and he nods quickly. "I don't have an issue with it." He tells me.

I stand up straight seeing Beth fuming as I go to walk out of the room but stop, turning back to her. "Next time you try to make a move on someone else's man at his workplace, make sure his girlfriend doesn't work there first." I say and with that I exit the room, closing the door behind me.

I go back to my desk and grab my wallet from my purse, handing Emily the money for mine and Hotch's lunch. "This is way more than your burger cost." She tells me trying to hand back some of the money but I shake my head. "Some of its for Hotch's lunch." I tell her and she nods as a door slams shut and we look up seeing Beth stomping down the stairs. "Go to hell." She snaps at me as she walks by. "See you there." I yell as she storms out.