Chapter Two

After explaining everything to my mum, Peter joins me in bed. I didn't feel like talking much so Peter talked to my mum for me whilst I got tangled up on Disney plus in my room.

I was on my side, my body facing towards Peter as Peter rested on his back with his hands behind his head. I had to refrain from looking at his arms a couple times, I don't know why, but I've always loved peters arms.

But, I can't think about that. He's my friend. Nothing more. I feel the pressures of the day slip away slightly as my eyes find the spot they fell accustomed to over the past few days, the white wall.

I feel bad for putting tangled on and not even watching it. Peters now sitting here watching it while I stare at a wall. "You can leave, if you want to?" I break the silence and look up at Peter, giving him the escape he's been begging for.

His eyes scrunch in confusion as my gaze meets his, "is that what you want?" He asks slowly, a softness in his voice calming my hurricane of thoughts.

I stare up at him from my curled up position and shake my head naturally. It's the truth, I love his company, even if we sat here in silence for the rest of our lives, I'd still be comforted.

He smiles at this and turns his attention back to the screen, "you're making me miss my favourite part." My eyes don't leave his face as my lips turn up.

I drag my eyes away from his face and look at the screen, it's the scene in the bar where they sing I had a dream. "This is your favourite scene?" I ask, a small laugh escaping my lips.

He glares at me playfully before answering, "yes. Is that a bad thing?" He asks, trying to be serious.

"No, no. It's a good scene, I like the song." I reply a real smile sitting on my face, one I haven't felt in so long. I return my gaze to the scream and hold back a yawn, doing nothing is so trying sometimes.

My eyes flutter shut and before I fall asleep, I feel peters hand stroke the hair out of my face, his hands lingering on the back of my head. I lean into his touch and my body follows as I curl up into the side off him. I feel his arm wrap around my waist as his thumb begins to draw small patterns. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

I hear a small whisper, but my tired mind chooses to ignore it. I haven't slept this well in so long, I've hardly slept at all. I hear a door shut a few seconds after the whispers stop and Peters voice fills my ears.

I can feel his breath on the back of my neck as he says, "wake up, Alia. You won't sleep tonight if you sleep too long. His voice is soft and filled with kindness, which makes it even harder to wake up.

I wish I could stay like this forever. This feeling just feels... calm. Like there's no storm raging around me, just peace. This is the feeling I've been craving for so long. Peace.

"Alia, Peppers made some food for lunch, you should eat, come on." I groan as he mentions food. Me and food aren't on the best of terms at the moment. I love food, trust me. But recently, everytime I try to eat, I feel sick.

"Shhhh" I reply, burying my face into what I can assume is his chest. A small chuckle leaves his lips and I feel the vibrations through my body.

"Come on Aliana." Peter says again, sitting up slightly. I groan again and roll away from him.

"I'm comfy." I reply, a moody tone evident in my voice.

Peter laughs again and I feel him stand up, shifting the weight of the bed. "I'll bring the food up for you, okay?" I smile, even though I'm faced away from him.

"Thank you." I say happily, my face still buried behind my duvet.

After a few minutes I hear my door open and shut again. I sit up, fixing my hair as I see Peter walk in with two bowls of fruit salad.