Chapter Six

Happy picked me and Peter up and took us to mine. I was ready to relax, maybe drinking isn't for me. I sobered up quite a bit but I was definitely still feeling the alcohol in my body.

Peter and I changed through a lot of giggles, mainly from me, but we finally were ready to get into bed.

I slide between my sheets next to Peter after taking my makeup off and I instantly wrap my body around his. I need him near me. I don't know why, but right now I don't care.

My arm wraps across his stomach as my leg drapes itself across his. I nestle my head into his neck and his arm instinctively wraps around my waist.

I sigh, comforted by his presence. "I'm sorry for tonight" I whisper, guilt encasing me as the memories of the night fill my head.

"Don't be Aliana. I know you're going through a lot right now." He says comfortingly.

His words did not comfort me, though. I push myself up into my elbows so I'm face to face with him, and only then do I realise how close we actually are.

"You can get annoyed at me, Peter. I'm not some china doll that's ready to break." I glare at him, trying hard not to slur my words.

His eyes widen slightly as he realised how his words came across, "I don't mean it like that." He quickly answers, sitting up slightly, which only brings his face closer to mine.

I roll my eyes, "I know you didn't mean it like that but it's exactly what you think. Even if you don't realise it. I was shitty tonight, test you won't tell me that because my dad is dead and I can do no wrong." My anger overtakes me and the words slip out.

I instantly suck in a sharp breath, surprised at my small outburst. Thats the first time I've spoken those words. That just made it all too real.

"Aliana." Peter breathes out, his eyes softening. He brushes my brown hair out my face and I can see all the care he holds for me in his eyes.

"Just shout at me and scream at me. I was shitty, end of." I finish, sick of being treated differently by everyone.

Peter sighs, "Di you think I would scream and shout at you even when Mr stark was here." Peters soft voice soothes me.

I let his words sink in and I drop my head in defeat, "you're right. I'm sorry. I just- I can't deal with everyone treating me like I'm so fragile." I admit, finally expressing how I feel.

"I know. But you need to realise people are going to look at you different. You can't do anything about that." He tips my head up with his hand so my eyes meet his.

"I know." My voice comes out so quiet, I hardly even heard it.

"But I'll always look at you the same. Okay? So you can tell me anything and everything, and it wont change the way I look at you." Peter says seriously, and it sends a smile into my face.

I always said I wouldn't be able to tell anyone about how I feel, but Peters already made me open up in this one night. It's probably just the alcohol.

"Thank you, Peter." I lean into his touch as his hand finds my cheek and his thumb slowly draws circles onto my face.

"You don't need to thank me." He says, and before I can argue, he pulls me back onto his chest.

I sigh into his neck and let my eyes drift shut, sleep quickly taking over me.

The next morning, me and Peter made breakfast together. Well, more like Peter made me breakfast while I gave him instructions and complained about my hangover.

Drinking definitely isn't for me. It's fine at the time, but everything else that comes with it... not great.

"This is delicious, thank you Peter." I say, spooning another mouthful of eggs into my mouth. I haven't eaten this much in ages.