Chapeter Nine

Our pizza only takes 10 minutes to arrive, and I didn't fall short of dirty looks from our waitress.

"Enjoy!" She says with a sweet smile, her eyes on Peter, of course.

"Thank you." I say, smiling at her.

She turns to me and her smile drops quickly, before she turns and makes her way to another table.

"I'm starving." Peter says, eyeing up the pizza like he hasn't eaten in years.

I smile and turn to mine. It looks so good, and I'm determined to finish it.

We talk while we eat, joking and laughing, and before I even know it, I'm down to my last slice.

I look at it in my hand and then back at the empty plate. Suddenly, I feel ill. Why does my body do this?

I'm not full, but I physically cannot move my hand towards my mouth. Every time I try, my body betrays me, my stomach churning and my hand freezing.

"Alia." My eyes snap to Peter. He can read the battling expression on my face and he plants a forced smile on.

"Can I have a bite?" He says, going to grab the slice from my hand, even though he's still got half a slice in his other.

My eyebrows draw together but I don't refuse, "sure." I say, a small laugh escaping my lips.

He takes a bite and sighs exaggeratedly, "this is what I wish heavens like." He jokes.

"I'm sure you do." I laugh a little, admiring his little smile.

"Here." Peter says, moving the pizza to my mouth. Before I can even think about it, I take a bite.

The taste fills my mouth and I already feel a lot better, "good, no?" Peter says, a real smile now in his face.

I return the smile, "heaven." I say simply, our eyes glued to eachother.

He gives me another bite and then another until I start to realise, j can feed myself.

"Peter, give me the pizza." I say laughing, grabbing the slice from his hand.

"Uh, I was enjoying feeding you. Thank you very much." He jokingly rolls his eyes and looks away from me.

"My deepest apologies, maybe another time." I laugh a little before taking the last couple bites, finishing off the whole pizza.

I smile down at my empty plate and then look up at Peter who is already smiling at me.

I mouth the words 'thank you' and he only nods, widening his smile slightly.

"Wow, must've been hungry." I hear the girls snarky voice interrupt us.

I look up to her and feel her judgemental eyes scan my plate then me.

"Oh uh, y-yeah. I was." I stutter like an idiot. What the fuck is wrong with me.

I suddenly feel the insecurities take over again, crossing my arms over my stomach.

"What did you say?" Peter asks the girl, his face completely wiped of a smile, anger overtaking.

"Nothing, Peter. Just leave it." I say quietly, hoping he drops the whole situation.

"No. What did you say?" Peter repeats, his voice steady, but the venom still clear.

The girls eyes widen slightly and her cheeks heat up a little, "I- I just said she must have been hungry." She stutters.

"And why is that?" Peter says calmly, his eyes glued onto her now.