Chapter Four

The sound of my alarm drags me out of the deepest sleep I've had in a long time. I groan and tell Alexa to turn off the alarm.

A warmth wraps me up in a blanket of safety and comfort and I snuggle further into it. I feel a hard surface beneath me and a familiar scent filling my nose.

I don't remember my bed feeling this hard, or smelling this good. I scrunch May face up in confusion, my eyes still tightly shut.

Suddenly a groan that didn't come from me causes me to shoot my eyes open, the memory of last night finally making itself into my head.

I'm met with a strong chest as I look at the body under me. Oh shit. I push up onto my hands, my eyes squinting at the beaming sunlight glaring through my window.

And there it is. Peter, who was asleep only seconds ago, staring back at me with his sleepy eyes. A smile spreads across his face as we make eye contact and my mouth returns the smile instantly.

"Morning." Peter groans, his voice deep and croaky. Damn, I like his morning voice.

I slide out of bed before replying, "no way we slept for 12 hours." I check my phone, confirming that we slept right up until my school alarm went off.

If only it didn't go off. I would still be wrapped up in Peters arms, his warmth encasing me.

What am I saying? God my morning brain is not with it, apparently.

Peter stretches before sliding out of the bed, he changed into some clothes he left in my house a few months ago before watching the horror movie, so luckily he wasn't uncomfortable.

His hair is slightly disheveled, and his eyes are still struggling to open fully. He looks cute in the morning, unlike me.

"That was a good sleep." He mumbles, rubbing his eyes to wake up fully. I walk into my bathroom and take a look in the mirror.

My hairs a bit messy, but other than that, I don't look a total mess. The bags under my eyes look much better than they did yesterday, luckily.

"I'm gonna have a shower quick, then you can have one." I shout out to Peter as I shut the bathroom door. I hear a quiet 'okay' through the door, so I turn the shower on and have a quick 5 minute shower.

I walk out in my towel, my hair up in a messy bun as I didn't want to wash it this morning.

Peters eyes snap to me when I walk in and his eyes widen slightly. I suddenly feel awkward, remembering im only in a towel so I quickly try to break the silence.

"Um, I left a towel in there for you." Peter avoids my eyes as he nods and sends me a quiet thank you.

I only nod my head at him before he quickly walks into the bathroom and shuts the door with a tight lipped smile.

I quickly change into a pair of jeans and a jumper when my mum walks in. I send her a small smile and she starts wiggling her eyebrows. Something she always does when Peter is over.

I sigh, "mum, don't make it awkward." I say, knowing that she finds a way to make it awkward every time.

She puts her hands up in mock surrender, "I won't I won't. Buttttt..." a large smile spreads on her face, "you two were so cute this morning!" She squeals slightly.

I shush her quickly, eyeing the bathroom door cautiously, "mum! He's in the shower." I sigh and go back to brushing my hair.

"When are you two going to get together." She rolls her eyes and groans as she sits on my bed.

I laugh, "uh, never? We're just friends." She laughs in return.

"Friends don't cuddle up with eachother in bed like that." I send her a glare through the mirror and she sends me a shrug in return.