009 | tour gone by.

★ . . . SAILOR HAT SAT YOU DOWN on a bench outside of the café. Your thoughts clashed together in your head, the most pressing of which was your now-separated hand. It was currently shoved up your blazer sleeve and you knew it would only be a matter of time until the people in the café reported you for leaving your booth behind like a horror movie set.

"What are you gonna do with all the blood?" Joshu asked just as you were thinking it.

You grimaced. "If this guy—" you nodded at Sailor Hat, "—is the one with my task, then once I start it, my hands and arms should reattach themselves. My Stand treats the injuries as though they never happened. That should take care of the blood. Probably."

"Then we should get going," Sailor Hat said, a frown settling on his face. Did you really know this guy? You would never forget a pretty face as his.

"Yeah, right. Y/N doesn't even know who you are," Joshu snapped. You were surprised he had noticed. He shoved Daiya forward. "Hurry up and give their memories back, moron. Who told you to use California King Bed on them?"

Daiya blinked rapidly. You instantly felt bad at the tears on her lashes. "I didn't mean to hurt them. If they had just told me their Stand was attacking them, I would've given their memories back immediately."

"That must have been hard when they couldn't remember what the goddamn task was," Joshu said. Even though he was saying everything you had been thinking, you still thought he could be nicer about it. Why couldn't you have lost your memories about him?

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," Daiya said. She grasped your hands, her dark eyes misty. "I really didn't know I was hurting you. You should have said something. I just wanted to spend a day together with you since you mentioned that curse and everything. I thought there might be a chance I could be your true love." Daiya's voice went tiny and you had to strain to make out the rest of her sentence.

Joshu scoffed. "Sorry to break it to you, but you already lost your chance. Y/N is going to fall for me and that's that. You're lucky I don't beat your ass for nearly killing my fiancé."

Daiya gaped at her brother. Josuke shielded his eyes under his sailor hat and the mortification you felt should have fried all your internal organs.

"You ..." Daiya looked between you and Joshu. You expected her to start protesting but her entire face brightened.

"I didn't know you were such a romantic, Joshu! That's so cute! You only just met but you fell in love with them at first sight!" Daiya let out a girlish squeal. "It's exactly like that one anime I watched. The miserable loner falls for the mysterious heir! And, Josuke, that means you're the hotter, secondary love interest! The show makes it out that you're the better character, but everyone knows the loner will win out!" Daiya added to her brother's stone-face.

"It's nothing like that," Josuke said quickly. "I'm not trying to get anyone to fall in love with me."

"That's what they all say," Daiya sighed.

"Daiya," you gritted out as a spurt of blood painted your shoulder crimson. "My memories, please?"

"Right, right. Sorry." Daiya searched the ground for your shadow and tapped it with the toe of her shoe. The chess pieces in her pocket burst into the air, a crack splintering the pieces in half. White mist escaped the pieces, rushing towards you in a wispy stream. You gasped as it literally came back to you all at once. Josuke, the boy you'd met yesterday. Karera, arguably the best friend you'd known forever. You gasped, hunching as the memories filled your head. It felt like a nasty itch had finally been scratched and you breathed a sigh of relief as everything settled.