The Night Sky (Killua x OC)

"Isn't it a pretty night?" Ari swayed around in her dress to face Killua. They had just returned from a fall festival being held that day and night. There were many games and stands up. Most of the people who came had a lot of money. She was always reluctant to wear a dress, but it was required with attendance and the food was definitely worth the discomfort.

"It is." He sighed. It's been a year since he had to leave Gon with Alluka. After a while, Alluka wanted to do the Hunter Exam, so he had to leave her and wait until it finished. It was tough being all alone. He was thinking of sending a postcard to Gon for the upcoming holidays. All he hoped was that nothing would happen to her while he was gone.

"Hey, you ok?" Ari leaned closer to Killua's face. He felt rather hot and his hands began to fidget with his dress shirt. The wrinkled shirt wrapped around his fingers, getting them trapped.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." He looked away and stared into the stars. The whole night sky was filled with all kinds of stars. It sort of made him want to go back into exploring with Gon and his friends again.

"That one is huge!" He said in amazement. Ari chuckled and looked at him. She had that sort of amused face that told him that he said something dumb.

"That's a planet, stupid." Killua rubbed his head where she karate chopped him. Her chops were famous in their friend circle. He pouted and looked away.

"And I thought you were smart..." She sighed and plopped to the ground and looked up to the stars. Killua sat down next to her and stared at her. Her beautiful silky hair shone in the starlight. It was almost like a reflection.

"So how was it?" Killua asked. This was a topic he didn't want to go in, but had to at some point.

"What was?" He couldn't tell if she was playing dumb or not.

"The festival with, you know, Kurapika." Killua fidgeted with his tie this time. The hours of ironing were wasted. He moved away from his tie and shoved them into his pockets. Might as well try to hide his obvious feelings.

"It was great." Killua dug his hands even deeper into his pants pockets. Maybe Gon had been wrong and Ari had liked Kurapika instead. She always did hang out with him a lot.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm great." Killua said with a little bit too much sarcasm.

"I was just worried. You don't have to be an asshole about it." Ari lifted her knees to her face. Killua then put his face into his hands. This was a failure.

"Hey Killua." A muffled response came from the Ari. He immediately turned to see that she was crying.

"What's wrong?" Killua was definitely panicking. This wasn't supposed to be happening.

"I've always thought you were really nice and funny and cute. And I guess I hoped you thought the same way, but I don't know anymore. I think I should go..." Ari shuffled and lifted herself off the ground. Killua could see his opportunity falling away. He had to do something.

Ari was crying. This was supposed to be perfect, but she doesn't know what to do anymore. They were awkward and didn't know what to do. She then felt someone grab her wrist and pulled her.

"Hey, what do you think you're-" She felt her self being pulled into a tight hug. Ari could feel Killua's heart beat pulsing quickly. She knew he was nervous and this probably was something hard for him to do, him being the total dolts about anything romantic. She slid her arms around him and buried her face into his chest.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make this perfect. I know I'm really bad at showing my feelings but I think you're much nicer than I am and much cuter than me." Killua whispered the last part, kinda hoping she didn't hear it. He could feel a red blush.

"I really like you and I'm sorry I didn't say it any sooner." Ari squeezed tighter and pulled apart from the hug. She stood on her tiptoes and pressed lightly on Killua's nose. She giggled and pulled away to see his pale skin turn red.

"Mhm I like you too. Next time just take me to go get ice cream." The two stood there, watching the stars out in front of them until they got an angry phone call from Gon questioning what and where they have been. Maybe he'll be able to guess what Ari's favorite flavor of ice cream was.

——————————————————————

Mhm getting back into the fanfiction feels. Ok so this was an old draft and I had to do some touch ups and just add a little so I hope it's good. I'll try to get better at writing. Also I hope you all are happy with my innocent fluff. I don't think I would be very good writing anything much deeper. As always, request below in the comments and I'll see you guys later!